View Poll Results: How many runs of Wonder Woman have you read? Click all that apply!

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Some or all of Marston's run (1941-1947)

26 53.06%
  • Some or all of Kanigher's run (1947-1968)

17 34.69%
  • Some or all of O'Neil's/Sekowsky's run (1968-1972)

19 38.78%
  • Some or all of Conway's and/or Mishkin's runs (1977-1985)

21 42.86%
  • Some or all of Perez's run (1987-1992)

42 85.71%
  • Some or all of Messner-Loebs' run (1992-1995)

31 63.27%
  • Some or all of Byrne's run (1995-1998)

33 67.35%
  • Some or all of Luke's run (1998-2000)

26 53.06%
  • Some or all of Jimenez's run (2001-2003)

35 71.43%
  • Some or all of Rucka's 1st run (2003-2006)

43 87.76%
  • Some or all of Simone's run (2007-2010)

41 83.67%
  • Some or all of JMS/Hester's run (2010)

36 73.47%
  • Some or all of Azzarello's run (2011-2014)

43 87.76%
  • Some or all of Finch's run (2015-2016)

33 67.35%
  • Some or all of Rucka's 2nd run (2016-2017)

43 87.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How much Wonder Woman have you read?

The "worst period for Wonder Woman" thread got me thinking... how many different Wonder Woman runs has everyone read in the past?

I've included each writer who has worked on at least 12 issues of the Wonder Woman comic over the years. Unfortunately, due to lack of space, I did have to combine Conway and Mishkin.

I know "some" is a vague concept, but in my eyes it would be enough to get a grasp of what the creative team was going for. But some does mean more than one. So for example, if you read one issue of Meredith Finch's run and thought it was abysmal so you didn't continue it, you probably shouldn't check it off in the poll.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I have read at least some of every period of Wonder Woman. I even tried the first couple Finch issues. I read the title consistently from 1985 to 2012.
    This message has been placed here
    IN MEMORIAM
    by the Tijuana Bible Society.

Amazing Member

I've read all the Archives (7 volumes so far) with Marston's stuff.

I have all the Showcase Presents collections with the Silver Age Kanigher run.

I have all four volumes of the mod Diana Prince trades and then every single issue of WW from 204 until now, including the issues of "World's Finest" and "Adventure Comics" when she had a feature there during the '70s.

Also have the collections of the digital "Sensation Comics" from last year and both "Wonder Woman 77" trades along with "Earth One" hardcover.

Still haven't picked up Rene DeLiz's "Legend of Wonder Woman" yet. I don't think that comes out in paperback until later this year.

Not everything has been my cup of tea, but I try to find at least one or two positive things from each writer's run, so I don't feel like I've completely wasted my time...and money.

Everything from every run since around 1973 or so, and a smattering of what came before from previous writers including reprints of early Sensation stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Everything from every run since around 1973 or so, and a smattering of what came before from previous writers including reprints of early Sensation stuff
    Wow! That is a lot of WW readings!

No "wonder" your avatar is WW, Wonder Moderator!

I've ready some or all of every run except for the Kanigher and O'neil/Sekowski runs but it's possible that I read some of those runs a long time ago and just don't remember. What about Roy Thomas' run which featured the World War II(aka Earth 2) Wonder Woman? I loved that era!
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What about Roy Thomas' run which featured the World War II(aka Earth 2) Wonder Woman? I loved that era!
    Wait . . . which issues did Roy Thomas write with "the World War II(aka Earth 2) Wonder Woman"? Starting with Wonder Woman #228 (February 1977), guys like Martin Pasko and Gerry Conway were primarily handling the WWII Wonder Woman stories in her own comic book and over in World's Finest Comics.

Standing Member

When Roy Thomas was writing WONDER WOMAN, it was Earth-One, but with a Marston vibe. However, at the same time he was writing ALL-STAR SQUADRON, set on Earth-Two during WW II and he used Wonder Woman a fair amount in that comic. And he was researching the actual Marston stories to build on those stories. So his E2 WW II Wondy was much more faithful than the TV Earth-Two from a few years previous.
    That's right, that's right, I'm sad and blue
    'Cause I can't do the boogaloo
    I'm lost, I'm lost, can't do my thing
    That's why I sing "Gimme, gimme dat ding!"

--The Pipkins (another Tony Burrows one hit wonder)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wait . . . which issues did Roy Thomas write with "the World War II(aka Earth 2) Wonder Woman"? Starting with Wonder Woman #228 (February 1977), guys like Martin Pasko and Gerry Conway were primarily handling the WWII Wonder Woman stories in her own comic book and over in World's Finest Comics.

My bad. Apparently, my memory is failing me today. I loved that WWII era revival and for some reason, I thought Thomas wrote it.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Standing Member

Gerry Conway and Roy Thomas worked together on a lot of projects. So sometimes Conway's stories seem like Thomas--and vice a versa. Thomas was still at Marvel when Conway was first writing Wonder Woman; however, it's quite possible that Conway was gaining a lot of influence from Roy, given RT's deep knowledge.

Seriously? JMS is tied for first place? How did that happen?
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

I've been onboard since Perez, but have a read a few stories from runs earlier than that.

The Deborah Domaine story where Kobra brainwashes her to become the Cheetah and the Adjudicator/Judgement in Infinity story come to mind.

Fantastic Member

I've only started really exploring her catalogue in the last year or so, since Rebirth started and the earlier Rucka trades were released (I had read some before, but not much), but I've been catching up pretty well.

I've read:
    All of Rucka's first and second runs (he's my favorite comic writer and the reason I really started to connect with Wonder Woman).
    All of the JMS/Hester run (My local library had both trades, so I had easy access)
    All of Picoult's run (I think Love and Murder was in a bookstore and I read it there...for some reason...soooooo bad and thankfully short)
    Many of Wonder Woman's famous limited series or graphic novels, including, but not limited to, The Legend of Wonder Woman (the recent one), Earth One, and League of One

Working my through:
    Perez's run (I have the two omnibuses and have been reading through. Just finished Who Killed Myndi Mayer, which was awesome)
    Jimenez's run (Just finished Land of the Lost, which frankly was a significant step down in quality from the rest of the run, other than the sweet Cassie subplot)
    Simone's run (Just finished Birds of Paradise. It's a decent run, but nothing really has matched The Circle)

Started, but have since stalled on:
    Azzarello's run (Read a few trades in the bookstore back when the run was still ongoing and I was just getting into comics. Lost track of where I was and what was happening between trade releases and have never found myself that enthusiastic to go back to it. I'll read it one of these days)

My hope is to have finished her post-crisis canon in the next year or two. Not sure I'll go back to the pre-crisis stuff, maybe just some highlights.

Standing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Seriously? JMS is tied for first place? How did that happen?
    It's not a popularity contest. It's a survey of what you've read. JMS began in WONDER WOMAN No. 600. Who would not have bought that comic?

Mighty Member

Some Marston (via the Archives / Chronicles)

Some Kanigher (via the Showcase)

All the Mod tpbs

The 12 Labors tpb

All Perez - present