Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default The TARDIS vs the MCU

The TARDIS is place right in the middle of Avenger Tower with it's door lock, full defense on, but no offense. It will be there for a month.

Can anyone from MCU break into the TARDIS?

Quote Originally Posted by HFMM View Post
    The TARDIS is place right in the middle of Avenger Tower with it's door lock, full defense on, but no offense. It will be there for a month.

Can anyone from MCU break into the TARDIS?
    Tony Stark's intelligence, Vision's hacking and phasing, Doctor Strange's magic (plus the Eye of Agamotto/Time Stone - I wonder if that could have any effect on it?), the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Fitz, Simmons, Daisy who's a hacker)... within a month maybe someone like that could figure something out. Especially as a collective effort.

By the time we see Black Panther's solo movie, we might find there's some Wakandan tech that could do something too. Obviously that doesn't really count yet though...

No. Yes. Well, if the TARDIS wants to be broken into, sure. At the low end, one guy broke into it just by picking the lock. At the high end, super-science alien races way beyond MCU Earth have tried everything they could to open the doors to no avail.

If Thor could get the Bifrost aimed to open directly inside, I think it would have the power to do it, since WTF-level teleportation has proven to surprise even the Doctor inside the TARDIS before.

So I'm going with yes. I just don't think anyone is going to manage it through science. We've seen less sophisticated tech baffle the likes of Fitz and SHIELD for longer than a month before.
    Last edited by Morning; 07-17-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Ant-Man by shrinking down and walking through the keyhole? I don't think we've ever seen the TARDIS defeat such a tactic.

The thing to consider here is that the TARDIS is both intelligent and sentient. If it does not want to be broken into, nothing on MCU Earth would be able to do it. Conversely, if it did *want* to get broken into, the stupidest things have done so before. Its really a plot-driven thing.

Going by highest-end feats, the only things in the MCU that *may* be able to do it is the bifrost and tessaract (space gem - but no one has feats on being able to control it). That's it. Highest-end TARDIS feats, nobody's forcing it open. Ever.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Ant-Man by shrinking down and walking through the keyhole? I don't think we've ever seen the TARDIS defeat such a tactic.
    An early security feature was that if it wasn't the Doctor or Susan opening the door that the lock would melt. There've been times the lock has vanished to prevent entry. Many times the TARDIS flat out refuses to let the door open for strangers. The First Doctor programmed the TARDIS to keep Quadrigger Stoyn (a Time Lord who was in the TARDIS when the Doctor and Susan first departed Gallifrey and developed a hatred toward the Doctor for taking him away from home) out.

Mighty Member

If the HADS (Hostile Action Displacement System) is working, then any efforts to breach it would result in the TARDIS relocating to the nearest safe place.

All the hacking in the world isn't going to open a non-electronic door.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

Its not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    All the hacking in the world isn't going to open a non-electronic door.
    I just realized, the TARDIS isn't so much a machine so much as a benevolent lovecraftian entity in a mechanical shell. It has proven itself to be absolutely horrifying when one thinks about it long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    The thing to consider here is that the TARDIS is both intelligent and sentient. If it does not want to be broken into, nothing on MCU Earth would be able to do it. Conversely, if it did *want* to get broken into, the stupidest things have done so before. Its really a plot-driven thing.

Going by highest-end feats, the only things in the MCU that *may* be able to do it is the bifrost and tessaract (space gem - but no one has feats on being able to control it). That's it. Highest-end TARDIS feats, nobody's forcing it open. Ever.
    OK, today I'll be that guy.

You mean sapient, right? A slug is sentient.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    OK, today I'll be that guy.

You mean sapient, right? A slug is sentient.
    Bah! Bah I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Bah! Bah I say!
    And you said it very eruditely.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

even pooling all their big brains (tony, pym, strange, fitzsimmons and BP's country), it's still a tall tall order.

I have the odd feeling that parading some of the younger ones in front of the TARDIS might actually work better than trying to force the doors. Basically, see if you can find a potential companion for the TARDIS to let in.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight