Default Predicted potential

Some characters are predicted to have the potential to be very powerful in the future, an example would be Franklin Richards since he was a toddler.

What other characters have been predicted to be much more powerful than they are now?

Also, which characters have actually attained their predicted potential?
    Check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

I NEED a Invisible Woman solo! It's got to happen sometime right?......right?

Hope Summers.

Incredible Member

Predicted much more powerful that they are now: New warriors, Nova, Darkhawk, Captain Marvel..
    Sorry for my english, not my first language.

There's been talk about Iceman being omega-level, but I don't really understand how or why.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There's been talk about Iceman being omega-level, but I don't really understand how or why.
    I know what you mean.

For instance, in the old Marvel RPG game, while it is now quite old and wildly out of date, Iceman had low ice powers, like Remarkable, while Johnny Storm the Human Torch had Unearthly flame powers. If Iceman took a heat/flame blast, his icy form would melt away. Johnny's flame did not go out if he took an ice blast.

If Bobby has all this potential, where was it? Where is it? How does it manifest?

Incredible Member JeanGreyForever's Avatar

This could apply to a lot of Silver Age characters. Sue from the FF, Jean and Bobby from the X-Men, and Wanda from the Avengers. You could even make a case for someone like Wolverine whose healing factor got a drastic increase during the 90s and early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know what you mean.

For instance, in the old Marvel RPG game, while it is now quite old and wildly out of date, Iceman had low ice powers, like Remarkable, while Johnny Storm the Human Torch had Unearthly flame powers. If Iceman took a heat/flame blast, his icy form would melt away. Johnny's flame did not go out if he took an ice blast.

If Bobby has all this potential, where was it? Where is it? How does it manifest?
    It's usually explained as a self esteem issue, which creates mental blocks that prevent him from using his powers to their full potential. When other characters have messed with his powers (it is unclear exactly how much of this was actually messing with the powers vs removing mental blocks) or taken control of his mind and used his powers, he was able to do some very impressive feats.

The Scarlet Witch kids-=> cosmic superpowers
    Rick Jones had and will or will not have the destiny force (again) .. all his kids had it.
    Marvel: New Avengers; Ultimates, EXM
    DC: cancelled
    Mangas: Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai(Seven Deathly Sins), Boku No Hero Academia, World Customize Creator, A Thousand Years Nine Tail.
    Mangas Novel Based : Mushoku Tensei , Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Douluo Dalu I&II(Spirit World)
    Novels: Mushoku Tensei(finished), No Game No Life, Douluo Dalu I&II
    Anime: Dragon Ball Super
    TV: Agent of SHIELD, The Flash

I forgot all the grey-summer kids
    Also there was Thorgirl (Tarene) ups I didn't know she showed up in Fear Itself http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Tarene_(Earth-616)
    In addition there was a new Marvelboy which was also dropped I believe.(not powerful but important somehow)
    Last edited by TakoM; 07-18-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    Marvel: New Avengers; Ultimates, EXM
    DC: cancelled
    Mangas: Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai(Seven Deathly Sins), Boku No Hero Academia, World Customize Creator, A Thousand Years Nine Tail.
    Mangas Novel Based : Mushoku Tensei , Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Douluo Dalu I&II(Spirit World)
    Novels: Mushoku Tensei(finished), No Game No Life, Douluo Dalu I&II
    Anime: Dragon Ball Super
    TV: Agent of SHIELD, The Flash