Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge - Jul 11, 2014

Axel Alonso talks "The Logan Legacy" and "Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier," and comments on the debate surrounding "#FireRickRemender."

Full article here.

Those Tumblr people got told by the EIC of Marvel himself, I hope that gets them stop. Also, things appear to be doing good for Marvel, great.

Spider-Man 2099 broke 100k in orders? That's amazing!

This is a long-term plan. He's dead. Our plans, well, let's just say that if they fans don't like a Wolverine-free Marvel Universe, we can't fix that quickly. Mike [Marts] and his team have a very complex and exciting plan to fill the Wolverine-sized hole in the Marvel Universe… that better work out! [Laughs]
    Oh please. We've seen this dozens, hundreds, thousands of times. Especially from Marvel. Wolverine is coming back, it's just a matter of how long. I say a year, but it could be two. Probably not though

Did I miss the questions from the fans or was the one from MARVELous Memories the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by mister_medusa View Post
    Did I miss the questions from the fans or was the one from MARVELous Memories the only one?
    That was the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderllama View Post
    Oh please. We've seen this dozens, hundreds, thousands of times. Especially from Marvel. Wolverine is coming back, it's just a matter of how long. I say a year, but it could be two. Probably not though
    OFC it wont be forever and he didnt say it is forever. still even just 1 year without wolverine is kind of a big deal.

Watch Wolverine be the one death that sticks, just to shut up the fans, who will start crying about him staying dead in about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Watch Wolverine be the one death that sticks...
    I would be happy if that happened.

Either way it sucks for Wolverine fans like me. Pretty major, crossover popular character to be gone for a lengthy period of time. Never bothered me that he was "in everything" because I don't read everything. Oh well, I always have back issues. It's not a character where someone can step in and take up the mantle (no, not Daken,). Logan is Logan. I'm trying my best not to care about the death because, well, comics. But a small part of me can't help being annoyed. Eh well.
    Bronze Age baby.

I kind of like the idea of X-23 taking on the mantle of Wolverine. Also, that so-called Cap "controversy" was just ridiculous.

So if Spiderman 2099 can get an ongoing after all these years with just a guest appearance on Superior to justify it, why not Doom 2099?

I mean, he's been featured on Uncanny Avengers recently.
    AvP|Hellboy|Magnus RF|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fade Out|Lazarus|Low|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Zero|Valiant
    Batman|FuturesEnd|GreenLantern+Corps|JL|RedLantern s|Sinestro|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|Daredevil|Magneto|Thor|X-Force

CBR Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by mister_medusa View Post
    We haven't gotten a lot lately -- ask some! Tell your friends!

Well, Marvel managed to keep Thor "dead" for 3 years and when he came back it rejuvenated his character. Now I know Wolverine and Thor are different in popularity in terms of sales and onces personal preference, but if Marvel can keep him out of books for two, three years, when he comes back one could argue he'd be more popular than ever if they go about it right with his resurrection. They know how they're killing him off, and they know how they'll bring him back. It's just a matter of when. I don't know, personally I think Wolverine is an over saturated character that needs some time off. I just hope that when he comes back, he won't be in 12 books at once.

There's no doubt whatsoever that Wolverine's death won't be permanent, but IMO, this is just a much needed time out for Wolverine.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1