Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast

I finished Reading recently Scalped TPB Vol 1 and Sandman TPB vol 4 (Season of the Mists)
    Scalped was interesting,will be getting the second volume eventually but itīs not that high in my wish list.
    The fourth volume of Sandman was great,will be re-Reading the stories for sure,but for now my next read will be something completely diferente because the Sandmanīs tpb that are missing in my collection are readily available so i am in no rush to read the next one because i like to vary the types of comic books i read.
    So curently the only collected edition that i am Reading is a collected edition of four Tintin books that contain (The Seven Crystal Balls ,Prisoners of the Sun,The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure ) and my next order of a TPB i am still in doubt.
    Thinking of getting the Spider Verse TPB that i only read through Marvel Unlimited.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I finished Reading recently Scalped TPB Vol 1 and Sandman TPB vol 4 (Season of the Mists)
    Scalped was interesting,will be getting the second volume eventually but itīs not that high in my wish list.
    The fourth volume of Sandman was great,will be re-Reading the stories for sure,but for now my next read will be something completely diferente because the Sandmanīs tpb that are missing in my collection are readily available so i am in no rush to read the next one because i like to vary the types of comic books i read.
    So curently the only collected edition that i am Reading is a collected edition of four Tintin books that contain (The Seven Crystal Balls ,Prisoners of the Sun,The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure ) and my next order of a TPB i am still in doubt.
    Thinking of getting the Spider Verse TPB that i only read through Marvel Unlimited.
    Scalped should be. It improves so much over the next couple arcs. It really becomes a completely different kind of story. It's definitely somewhere in my top 10. I love it, and i don't throw around that type of praise much.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Scalped should be. It improves so much over the next couple arcs. It really becomes a completely different kind of story. It's definitely somewhere in my top 10. I love it, and i don't throw around that type of praise much.
    Thanks for the info.
    I will be buying at least the second TPB of Scalped,Itīs for sure in my wish list.
    And good to know that itīs a good read,because i am not even that much of a reader of Crime and Western comic books and nevertheless i thought the story and art was interesting.

Got myself 10 volumes of [Marvel Masterworks] Uncanny X-Men which means I'm finally going back and rereading Chris Claremont's legendary run for the first time since the 80's.

I was little bit nervous going into it, expecting it to be all dated and horribly wordy and what not. Read the 1st volume last night and it was actually not too bad. Cockrum's art is better than I remember it being, but I'm still waiting to get to the Byrne issues in the next volume... Those were the ones that got me hooked on comics to begin with a long time ago. So far so good.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm really intrigued what you think of Lucifer since I feel responsible convincing you to get it
    As for the bad run...I've already sold them
    Happened with TMNT, put them back on the shelf and they were just a constant nagging feeling, a shadow looming over me but I couldn't go back and read them again cause all I remembered was the agony of trying to like it but not really managing that.
    I still have a lot of unread stuff or books I haven't read in a long while (read them in trade or singles then upgraded to hc years ago etc) so I'm not too fussed about selling stuff I'm not super keen on.
    I am about a third of the way through the first Lucifer. I am really liking it a lot. I was going to read just the first issue before bed and read 3 and some more this morning so thats a good sign! I really like the art style too (more so as I read through rather than first impressions flipping through) and I was interested in the character from the first issue. Sometimes, it can take a few issues before I feel invested in the characters. I had ordered the first two trades so the second onee will be ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I am about a third of the way through the first Lucifer. I am really liking it a lot. I was going to read just the first issue before bed and read 3 and some more this morning so thats a good sign! I really like the art style too (more so as I read through rather than first impressions flipping through) and I was interested in the character from the first issue. Sometimes, it can take a few issues before I feel invested in the characters. I had ordered the first two trades so the second onee will be ready to go!
    awesome!
    I think after the first two stories the art style more or less stays consistent (even though there are more than one artists working on it) but different from the first two artists (can't remember who was the first, the second I believe was Weston).

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just finished Lucifer, it was as good as I remember it when I read the floppies and have now jumped straight into Hellblazer, another book I haven’t read since it first came out all those years ago (my first comic was Hellblazer, 3 or 4, can’t quite remember) I just hope I haven’t been remembering it with rose tinted glasses as I have 18 trades to get through
    ahahaha!
    I'm not the biggest fan of the early stuff from Delano, I keep telling it to everyone to just jump to the Ennis stuff cause to me that's what HB is about. Delano is not horrible but I think the title was really just trying to find its way.
    I also curse DC for starting Ennis' run in the middle of a volume...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Alright so is it just down to a bad pair of books or do you think with the decision to pull back on buying comics, that might have shifted your attitude a bit and also made you more discerning about what you read?
    I think it's just a coincidence that it happened at the same time. Also a coincidence that I had so many bad experiences this year, last year was pretty good with all the new stuff I've tried (mainly Transformers and Sunstone).
    The last big disappointment before this was the Goon which I used to love but I could barely get through the LE's when I reread them.
    I think I just realised that I don't have to try everything that looks good and slog through a book because certain aspects appeal to me but as a whole it's not a good reading experience (and that's especially clear when you read something gripping that you are unable to put down, straight after a slog) and I shouldn't waste my time on okay books.

Bronze Age Swamp Thing is much much better than I thought. It has a great horror vibe to it.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Amazing Member

it stays more or less episodic. It's still a good read though IMHO.
    Just finished it and having read it all, I would rate it higher than I did in my earlier post. As I could not decide what to read next, I let my wife do the picking (she's not into comics at all although she wants to read Wonder Woman and Preacher) and she picked Absolute Transmetropolitan Volume 1. So it is Ellis again 5 issues in and I really like it. This could turn out great

By the way, is it possible that I just bought a couple of books from you on Saturday? The username and location seem to match

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Just finished it and having read it all, I would rate it higher than I did in my earlier post. As I could not decide what to read next, I let my wife do the picking (she's not into comics at all although she wants to read Wonder Woman and Preacher) and she picked Absolute Transmetropolitan Volume 1. So it is Ellis again 5 issues in and I really like it. This could turn out great

By the way, is it possible that I just bought a couple of books from you on Saturday? The username and location seem to match
    Transmetropolitan is one of those runs I should really read and I feel ashamed for not doing it already. Read like 10-12 issues ages ago and absolutely loved it but I was waiting for a nicer format to collect than the trades...and then bumm, 3 absolutes. Bit of a big investment so still waiting on something else or just gonna take the plunge one day.

And if you bought Starman or A&A then yeah that could be me :'D

Amazing Member

Transmetropolitan is one of those runs I should really read and I feel ashamed for not doing it already. Read like 10-12 issues ages ago and absolutely loved it but I was waiting for a nicer format to collect than the trades...and then bumm, 3 absolutes. Bit of a big investment so still waiting on something else or just gonna take the plunge one day.

And if you bought Starman or A&A then yeah that could be me :'D
    Yup, Starman would be me

Yup, Starman would be me
    damn, my secret identity is revealed

Amazing Member

damn, my secret identity is revealed
    No worries, I won't tell anyone

No worries, I won't tell anyone
    it's okay I could be any one of the hundreds of people selling a full set of Starman omnibuses :P