Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 128
  1. #76
    Mighty Member RealWonderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    An interesting twist would be if Cheetah was a creation of Circe...since Beastiomorphs are her specialty.

    Barbara could be one of Diana's best friends, Circe could curse her, and meanwhile Dr Psycho aka Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) is fooling with Diana to help the Soviets in some way...or something...to some great cosmic end...
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member FishyZombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,127

    Default


    enjoyed the Killing Joke dig.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.

  3. #78
    Invincible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    An interesting twist would be if Cheetah was a creation of Circe...since Beastiomorphs are her specialty.

    Barbara could be one of Diana's best friends, Circe could curse her, and meanwhile Dr Psycho aka Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) is fooling with Diana to help the Soviets in some way...or something...to some great cosmic end...
    No, let Cheetah be her one villain with her own backstory and her own motivations. No need to make her a lackey and/or pawn of another villain. Besides, we just got that in the first film.

  4. #79
    Mighty Member RealWonderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No, let Cheetah be her one villain with her own backstory and her own motivations. No need to make her a lackey and/or pawn of another villain. Besides, we just got that in the first film.
    How so? I don't think anyone acted as a lackey to Ares...he did some inspiring is all...

    And combining Circe and Cheetah could remove the odd and muddy Cheetah/Plant god stuff, and give real meat to a Circe/Diana problem...
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

  5. #80
    Woman Of Troy Troian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Welp WW's probably losing that December 2019 spot now. Wonder what they'll change it to.

  6. #81
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    If they still want WW II in 2019, then they'll probably move it a few weeks earlier in November before American Thanksgiving. Personally, I feel like it should be a summer blockbuster. It would be nice if it came out around American Independence Day in 2019--but that might be too early. So 2020 seems more likely.

    For united we stand. Divided we fall!
    And if our backs should ever be against the wall,
    We'll be together, Together, you and I.

    --Brotherhood of Man (another Tony Burrows one hit wonder)

  7. #82
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    An interesting twist would be if Cheetah was a creation of Circe...since Beastiomorphs are her specialty.

    Barbara could be one of Diana's best friends, Circe could curse her, and meanwhile Dr Psycho aka Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) is fooling with Diana to help the Soviets in some way...or something...to some great cosmic end...
    I agree. I think Circe being responsible for Barbara's transformation could lend itself to interesting story possibilities.

    Diana and Barbara regularly adventure together to hunt down mystical artefacts that could be very dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands. Barbara starts to resent the fact that Diana has so many wonderful abilities and that Barbara can't contribute as much on their adventures. Barbara starts researching ways to acquire the power of a god for herself, so that she can be Diana's equal partner. Barbara's research leads her to a long lost island associated with the mythical sorceress Circe. Barbara pleads with Circe for the powers of a god and Circe grants her request on the condition that she obtains her freedom. Of course, every deal with Circe has it catch, and although powerful, Barbara struggles with her new wild and feral nature, leading her to lash out at Diana and succumb to Circe's influence.

    Circe decides that the Amazons should serve as her army in conquering man's world and heads to Themyscira. Battles and whatever else happen. Ultimately, Diana manages to subdue Cheetah and reason with her. They then team-up to fight and defeat Circe, while the Amazons battle some random were creatures created by Circe. After the battle is won, Diana offers Cheetah the chance for rehabilitation on Themyscira, but Cheetah elects to leave and work on overcoming her internal struggle alone (thus allowing her to potentially serve as a future antagonist or appear in the Legion of Doom if the Justice League films ever get that far).

    Ultimately, as long as becoming the Cheetah is Barbara's choice and something she works towards and obtains for herself, without full knowledge of the consequences, then I think it is still true to the character. It shouldn't be some kind of "curse" where Barbara is punished for some wrong. It should be a "power" that Barbara seeks, but one that comes with a heavy cost.

  8. #83
    Mighty Member Gemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    If they add Circe to the story I hope they'd add Veronica Cale too and at least hint at villainy inc or Godwatch. I'd still want Cheetah to have the spotlight.

  9. #84
    Invincible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    How so? I don't think anyone acted as a lackey to Ares...he did some inspiring is all...

    And combining Circe and Cheetah could remove the odd and muddy Cheetah/Plant god stuff, and give real meat to a Circe/Diana problem...
    Ares was manipulating Ludendorff and Dr. Poison indirectly as part of his plan.

    I don't think that the plant god stuff is nearly as hard to pull off as you seem to. And if it must be changed, change it to it's own thing. It's really simple for me:

    1. I'm not interested in seeing every supernatural villain that Diana has tied to Greek mythology.
    2. I'm not interested in another Greek myth villain in the sequel (do something else).
    3. I'm absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever, interested in Cheetah being reduced to a pawn of Circe, of just a glorified stepping stone. "Well it adds meat to the Circe/Diana problem" sounds like a HORRIBLE way to use her, and a total slap in the face to her character.

    No, she's her own villain, with her own backstory, and her own motives not tied at all to Circe or don't use her at all, end of story. I'm not changing my opinion on that one.

  10. #85
    Mighty Member RealWonderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Ares was manipulating Ludendorff and Dr. Poison indirectly as part of his plan.

    I don't think that the plant god stuff is nearly as hard to pull off as you seem to. And if it must be changed, change it to it's own thing. It's really simple for me:

    1. I'm not interested in seeing every supernatural villain that Diana has tied to Greek mythology.
    2. I'm not interested in another Greek myth villain in the sequel (do something else).
    3. I'm absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever, interested in Cheetah being reduced to a pawn of Circe, of just a glorified stepping stone. "Well it adds meat to the Circe/Diana problem" sounds like a HORRIBLE way to use her, and a total slap in the face to her character.

    No, she's her own villain, with her own backstory, and her own motives not tied at all to Circe or don't use her at all, end of story. I'm not changing my opinion on that one.
    I understand what you're saying, and for the comics I agree, for sure. But for the movie universe, with a movie audience, and much less time for development, Cheetah could be confusing...and Circe's motivation could be as well. I also think it would be totally OK for Diana to have a sort of mythological "niche' in the DCEU...not a limited niche, but a 'related' one.

    Superman- space invaders
    Batman- Gotham
    Diana- myth & magic
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

  11. #86
    Mighty Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Ares was manipulating Ludendorff and Dr. Poison indirectly as part of his plan.

    I don't think that the plant god stuff is nearly as hard to pull off as you seem to. And if it must be changed, change it to it's own thing. It's really simple for me:

    1. I'm not interested in seeing every supernatural villain that Diana has tied to Greek mythology.
    2. I'm not interested in another Greek myth villain in the sequel (do something else).
    3. I'm absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever, interested in Cheetah being reduced to a pawn of Circe, of just a glorified stepping stone. "Well it adds meat to the Circe/Diana problem" sounds like a HORRIBLE way to use her, and a total slap in the face to her character.

    No, she's her own villain, with her own backstory, and her own motives not tied at all to Circe or don't use her at all, end of story. I'm not changing my opinion on that one.
    Maybe blend the two? Perhaps Circe is in a way responsible for manipulating Barbara to becoming the Cheetah, but isn't the source of the Cheetah's powers?

  12. #87
    Mighty Member RealWonderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I agree. I think Circe being responsible for Barbara's transformation could lend itself to interesting story possibilities.

    Diana and Barbara regularly adventure together to hunt down mystical artefacts that could be very dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands. Barbara starts to resent the fact that Diana has so many wonderful abilities and that Barbara can't contribute as much on their adventures. Barbara starts researching ways to acquire the power of a god for herself, so that she can be Diana's equal partner. Barbara's research leads her to a long lost island associated with the mythical sorceress Circe. Barbara pleads with Circe for the powers of a god and Circe grants her request on the condition that she obtains her freedom. Of course, every deal with Circe has it catch, and although powerful, Barbara struggles with her new wild and feral nature, leading her to lash out at Diana and succumb to Circe's influence.

    Circe decides that the Amazons should serve as her army in conquering man's world and heads to Themyscira. Battles and whatever else happen. Ultimately, Diana manages to subdue Cheetah and reason with her. They then team-up to fight and defeat Circe, while the Amazons battle some random were creatures created by Circe. After the battle is won, Diana offers Cheetah the chance for rehabilitation on Themyscira, but Cheetah elects to leave and work on overcoming her internal struggle alone (thus allowing her to potentially serve as a future antagonist or appear in the Legion of Doom if the Justice League films ever get that far).

    Ultimately, as long as becoming the Cheetah is Barbara's choice and something she works towards and obtains for herself, without full knowledge of the consequences, then I think it is still true to the character. It shouldn't be some kind of "curse" where Barbara is punished for some wrong. It should be a "power" that Barbara seeks, but one that comes with a heavy cost.
    I like it!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

  13. #88
    Mighty Member RealWonderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Hmmmmmmm

    http://za.ign.com/wonder-woman-1/111...wonder-woman-2

    Also, I'm hoping Wonder Woman moves to a summer date! August 2019??
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

  14. #89
    Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Patty Jenkins: "I’m excited for her to come to America and become the Wonder Woman we are all familiar with from having grown up around her as an American superhero. I’d like to bring her a little farther along into the future and have a fun, exciting storyline that is its own thing. Wonder Woman 1 is so much about her becoming the person she is. I can’t wait to spring forward with who she is and have another great standalone superhero film.”

    Source: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonde...xcited-a153927

  15. #90
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    I speculated before that the reason Warner was putting WONDER WOMAN II late in the year was to improve its chances at getting many Oscars. I think a summer release decreases those chances.

    It's nice that Patty Jenkins has loyalty to others in giving Dave Callaham a shot as screen writer, considering they were supposed to do JACKPOT together and she gave that up to work on WONDER WOMAN. On the other hand, Allan Heinberg deserved to write the sequel, if he wanted it.

    For united we stand. Divided we fall!
    And if our backs should ever be against the wall,
    We'll be together, Together, you and I.

    --Brotherhood of Man (another Tony Burrows one hit wonder)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •