Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Euron Greyjoy vs Jon Snow

well, after seeing the last episode, this seems like a good fight.

The dude looked vicious, he was the first to board the ship and fought and killed 2 of the sandsnakes + a ton of nonames, and beat lady greyjoy.

Euron with his big battle axe vs Jon Snow with Longclaw

Euron was decent. But there were openings for his opponents to attack while he was swinging or preparing to swing his axe. I think Jon is quicker than Euron, and certainly has proven he is worthy of Longclaw.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Euron had pretty good damage soak. I think Jon still takes it.

Haven't seen anything to suggest Euron's a better swordsman, especially on neutral non rolling ship deck ground, and frankly the sand snakes never impressed me, especially with the tendency to fight with garbage weapons like bull whips

The Sand Snakes fight like this, so I don't give beating them as positive feats for anyone:

It's hilarious how hard they have to hamstring the choreography to make them look remotely threatening, Brom could have killed or severely wounded the both of them if he hadn't bothered with that awkward spin and made a horizontal forward stepping slash(and that stupid whip annoys me every time I see it)
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-26-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    It's hilarious how hard they have to hamstring the choreography to make them look remotely threatening, Brom could have killed or severely wounded the both of them if he hadn't bothered with that awkward spin and made a horizontal forward stepping slash(and that stupid whip annoys me every time I see it)
    There, there.

*pats Hiromi's shoulder*

They're dead now, brutally so. They won't be annoying anybody with their poorly adapted storyline and stupid fight scenes anymore.

hehe, well the sand snakes were supposed to be above average fighters, just that they were terrible at fight choreography, they did look better in the last episode.

Also kind of a plot hole, dont they always use poison on their weapons? one of them did manage to slice Euron.

That GIF. I danced better in middle school. We're talking 6th grade awkward geekiness. With shoes that were too small.

It doesn't bother me too much how the Sand Snakes were portrayed on the show. Their story never got a chance to really develop. Overcrowded plotline train and tight budgets. The books made them sound like warriors on the level of the best in the world, IIRC. I'm okay with having that in my vault. Perhaps the inevitable HBO spin-off or two could explore more of Dorne's history.

As far as them always using poison, the Euron attack took them by surprise. Perhaps they did not have time to prepare.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Difficult to tell, but I'm inclined towards Euron, partly because he wears heavier armour.

I'm also influenced by the fact that for Euron they've evidently combined two book characters for the show: Euron and Victarion, and it's clear that Victarion is supposed to be a very good fighter (although not over-endowed in the brains department).

There's nothing of Victarion's character in show Euron, if anything show Euron is even hammier than book Euron which is the polar opposite of Victarion, they didn't roll him into anyone so much as they just removed him and his subplot completely(which is rather telling of his book fate)

Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

There's nothing of Victarion's character in show Euron, if anything show Euron is even hammier than book Euron which is the polar opposite of Victarion, they didn't roll him into anyone so much as they just removed him and his subplot completely(which is rather telling of his book fate)

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    The Sand Snakes fight like this, so I don't give beating them as positive feats for anyone:

I honestly thought he didn't even bother to actually fight. For Bronn that moment was like the show's audience, he clearly stopped giving two shits about the Dorne story when it was starting to be clear it sucked.

Bronn fought in battles for god sakes.

I forgot what feats Lady greyjoy had, but euron's other feats are not better than Jon's. Jon has beaten skilled fighters and brutes one on one, and his stamina and skill during battle of the bastards is waaaaayyyy above anything euron has shown. Sand Snakes were trash.

They've turned Euron into a badass who wears heavy armour (at sea!) and has brutal combat feats, like Victarion. I don't mean they've absorbed Victarion's personality - just that they've used the aspect of him charging onto boats and savagely attacking people at the forefront.

EDIT: Show Euron is also more straightforward than book Euron. Book Euron isn't just an OTT sociopathic pirate - he's also a schemer, as shown in his conversation with Victarion. Show Euron at the moment has shown absolutely no aptitude for guile. That may come, I guess, but at present, he's "I'm a pirate! I have big fleet! I'm going to kill you!"
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 07-30-2017 at 12:23 AM.