Page 727 of 760 FirstFirst ... 227627677717723724725726727728729730731737 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,905 of 11400

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Super-worderful JL banner by Messy Pandas (fan-made):

https://twitter.com/MessyPandas/stat...05417548464128
    Thanks for the image..

Even here.. is impossible not hear about the superdad family...
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-20-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't want to get off on the wrong foot in here one post in, because I do value Clark and Diana's relationship (mainly as friends) and truly enjoy some of the pictures uploaded here and the occasional positive vibes offered by some of you guys, but I am also a Clois fan and I and many, many others have been thoroughly enjoying the current comics with their marriage and Jon front and center..I fail to see how anything they've been has been "dating" the characters to any extent, if anything it's reinvigorated the books and made a lapsed fan like me come back to the books...that's something Superman and Diana's badly handled romance certaingly wasn't doing.

Again, I'm not in here to cause trouble, I totally understand where everyone is coming from, but this constant sniping at other 'ships just because it is'nt the one you want has to stop, it's making this thread in particular nothing but an echo chamber and makes it intimidating for any other fan who may value all kinds of relationships Superman can have from joining in here.

Focus on what makes you happy in the meantime and resist the urge to take snipes at other pairings and what fans may be thinking. There's room in this world for a lot of loves in Clark's life (Yes, even Lori Lemras, I would'nt object to an appreciation thread for that either)
    You criticise this fandom yet remain blissfully unaware of how "other" fandoms welcomed the new 52, or even the occasional comment about justice league action when attitudes changed as soon as the episode "repulse" aired.

No offense, but Clark and Diana are what "hijacked" the mythology, Clark and Lois having Jon adds to the mythology as it should be

Also, it's not exactly 'cockblocking' when Clark is paired back up with the woman he belongs with. 'Cockblocking' is when he can't get anything from anyone.
    I believe he meant it was more the fact that they killed one superman to simply cut and paste another superman into his place, simply because he wasn't married which is a crime punishable by death to the lois fandom it seems.

I'd figured I'd share this link I found that is a bit old but with the gift of hindsight, has more to show how similiar this whole recent debacle has been to "one more day" then any reboot has been (well they highlight it in the article):
    http://www.popmatters.com/review/sup...oman-annual-2/
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-20-2017 at 03:39 PM.

I'm back. Haven't posted in awhile but glad to see the smww gang is still going strong!
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Anyway, even I have to admit that this page has been a bit dour as of late (that'll happen when DC pretty much tells you to F**K off and then put people who hate what you enjoy in charge of your favourite characters). So to try and uplift some spirit's I found this video around valentine's day (not mine) that looks nice.

Also to try and engage a somewhat positive discussion like we used to have when previews where allowed for Superman Wonder Woman issues to be discussed here before the rule came in that we couldn't (I wish all appreciation pages could follow these rules), I was wondering what team up of the two rogues gallery would you have liked to see in the BT(before Tomasi) era? Because lets face it, wonder woman villains haven't appeared in any of her other books.
    Anyway my pick would have been mr myxlplyx and strife, I think that could have been a fun adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    And there is a prime example of DC hypocrisy. Keep using Superman & Wonder Woman for merch but allowing Rebirth creators to dump on them. It annoys me but it also indicates this couple's marketability and this idea... it'll never die no matter what the detractors try to say or do.

Admittedly i did have to do a double take when I saw this but i'm happy with it, just another medium where the SMWW is strong which just shows jurgens and rucka that we're not going anywhere. And hopefully it will inspire another elseworld story to appear in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't know if you are familiar with Marvel's Superman and Wonder Woman analogs Hyperion and Power Princess. I like how their relationship develops and Zarda/PP background/story. Marvel has always been good at making better use of DC's ideas.
    It's funny how much these parallels keep appearing in comics, you'd think the right people would take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Happy Valentine's Day Superman/Wonder Woman fans! On a day like this, I can think of no better way to celebrate than sitting back, eating some chocolate, and re-reading Charles Soule's first arc of the Superman/Wonder Woman series. For me, that still remains the gold standard for romance in comics these days. Considering the poor state of romance in Marvel and most of DC, it's a standard I still cherish.
    It was the perfect mixture of a romance story really that wasn't sickingly sweet or random.

n/m

10 chars
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-20-2017 at 04:41 PM. Reason: off topic
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

I think you all do a very swell job of keeping your 'ship alive and I encourage more lively discussion about untapped potential and cross-over theorizing, but really, you act like Jurgens and Rucka kicked your dogs or something...they're just telling stories with iconic characters in their iconic settings and delighting a lot of fans along the way . I'm not telling you to move on or anything, but get some perspective please.

Supes and Diana don't work as a romance IMO, but I do think they're great as besties and I really want them to rebuild those bonds they had pre-flashpoint. Trinity has been a great read so far, even if there's still trust issues with the three of them (Bruce bringing Kryptonite to a family get-together? Seriously?), here's hoping the Post-Reborn Wonder Woman Annual's retcon of the initial Trinity meeting starts the healing process in that regard. I'm tired of Bruce's trust issues and Diana emotionally drained grieving the lost love in her life, especially one she took for granted anyway. I don't know when "The Lies" takes place in the continuity, but I like to think she decided to get back with Steve after seeing the vision of him in the conclusion of the current Trinity story.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Admittedly i did have to do a double take when I saw this but i'm happy with it, just another medium where the SMWW is strong which just shows jurgens and rucka that we're not going anywhere. And hopefully it will inspire another elseworld story to appear in the future.
    Eh, given all that stuff was produced well in advance of Rebirth, I'm pretty sure it'll be changed before long.

I'm much happier seeing Hal and Carol on there. Eat that Kyle.

n/m

10 chars
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-20-2017 at 04:41 PM. Reason: off topic
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

I think you all do a very swell job of keeping your 'ship alive and I encourage more lively discussion about untapped potential and cross-over theorizing, but really, you act like Jurgens and Rucka kicked your dogs or something...they're just telling stories with iconic characters in their iconic settings and delighting a lot of fans along the way . I'm not telling you to move on or anything, but get some perspective please.

Supes and Diana don't work as a romance IMO, but I do think they're great as besties and I really want them to rebuild those bonds they had pre-flashpoint. Trinity has been a great read so far, even if there's still trust issues with the three of them (Bruce bringing Kryptonite to a family get-together? Seriously?), here's hoping the Post-Reborn Wonder Woman Annual's retcon of the initial Trinity meeting starts the healing process in that regard. I'm tired of Bruce's trust issues and Diana emotionally drained grieving the lost love in her life, especially one she took for granted anyway. I don't know when "The Lies" takes place in the continuity, but I like to think she decided to get back with Steve after seeing the vision of him in the conclusion of the current Trinity story.

Eh, given all that stuff was produced well in advance of Rebirth, I'm pretty sure it'll be changed before long.

Also it's funny for best friends that they still hugged and kissed alot for people who were "just friends". Also trinity has been dull IMO, just fluff with no real substance or development. And the only reason rucka has given to the reason whay diana is dating steve again is just because he's not superman which just speaks volumes behind the whole thought process regarding the issue.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-20-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Also it's funny for best friends that they still hugged and kissed alot for people who were "just friends". Also trinity has been dull IMO, just fluff with no real substance or development. And the only reason rucka has given to the reason whay diana is dating steve again is just because he's not superman which just speaks volumes behind the whole thought process regarding the issue.
    There is this new/old trend going around. Relationship Goal etc..."Your best friend is also your lover." Diana and Kal have always had this kind of relationship. It's a beautiful thing.

Not a fan of this pairing, but you are new here and I thought I'd pop in and give you some friendly advice. The people here are just venting over something they invested in being tossed aside for something else, even though they should have known Clark was inevitably going to end up back with Lois or some other member of his actual supporting cast one way or another, before too long anyway - I digress. My point is don't let it get to ya, it's not like they're angry at you, they're just pissed at dc. And don't expect a rational discussion from any thread with the labeled "______&_______ appreciation". You won't get one.
    oh and welcome to CBR! It's really not that bad, all things considered...
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 02-20-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    there is no "i" in denial

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    There is this new/old trend going around. Relationship Goal etc..."Your best friend is also your lover." Diana and Kal have always had this kind of relationship. It's a beautiful thing.
    Beautiful, and one thing I personally enjoyed, and reason why so many liked the idea of them being a couple. Long before The New 52.

I've just pretty much gone back to how I always was before the 52. Liking SM/Lois and SM/Diana at the same time. The former being current, the latter being future. I was happy with that for years, I can do so again. Sure there's now the taste of having it had happened and then so shoved aside in a juvenile manner, but oh well. I'll just wait for the next time

Reread this

over the weekend. Its really ideal what I love about the character WW the compassion and love trying to protect the rest of the league, and the struggle and strain lying to them for their own safety that it bring to her. Also the cunning in incapacitating the rest of the league, and the action of course, and the cherry on top with the moments with Superman as well. It really showed how much they personally cared for one another.
    Last edited by seiko-34; 02-20-2017 at 05:12 PM.