Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Masterchief Vs The Doom Slayer

Masterchief at his strongest and most powerful with best tech, takes on the Doom Slayer at his strongest and most powerful with best tech.

Who wins?

Incredible Member

This is a question for the ages...
    MC, depending on who you talk to, is CBPH, Ringer, or Low-End BT speed, Class 5 strength, durability through the effing roof.. Can run ridiculously fast and has Cortana (at least at his peak).
    Doom Guy can outrun rockets, tank rockets in the face (even in the original Doom books, Flynn Taggart shoved his rocket launcher into a Baron of Hell's mouth and pulled the trigger and only got knocked unconscious and woke up with ringing ears), has insane weapons like the BFG and Berserker Medpacks (the punches are like rocket launchers).

I think, though, in the end, MC probably wins based on sheer durability, even if you put his speed at his lower levels and not at BT (which is a bit questionable but not impossible to see).
    His durability makes most of the weapons a lot less effective and a Spartan Laser should be sufficient to put down Doom Guy before the five shots are down. Plus the sniper and all of the other craziness MC could throw at him.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    This is a question for the ages...
    MC, depending on who you talk to, is CBPH, Ringer, or Low-End BT speed, Class 5 strength, durability through the effing roof.. Can run ridiculously fast and has Cortana (at least at his peak).
    Doom Guy can outrun rockets, tank rockets in the face (even in the original Doom books, Flynn Taggart shoved his rocket launcher into a Baron of Hell's mouth and pulled the trigger and only got knocked unconscious and woke up with ringing ears), has insane weapons like the BFG and Berserker Medpacks (the punches are like rocket launchers).

I think, though, in the end, MC probably wins based on sheer durability, even if you put his speed at his lower levels and not at BT (which is a bit questionable but not impossible to see).
    His durability makes most of the weapons a lot less effective and a Spartan Laser should be sufficient to put down Doom Guy before the five shots are down. Plus the sniper and all of the other craziness MC could throw at him.
    Pretty much, Chief is basically a damage sponge.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pretty much, Chief is basically a damage sponge.
    Spartans... Tough bastards... almost as tough as Sgt Johnson!

Spartans... Tough bastards... almost as tough as Sgt Johnson!
    "Son, I could be your Daddy ... nah, never mind."

But yea ... thanks to the books, you find out his badass self survived the Flood because of an incident involving himself, the Covenant, and an entire case of plasma grenades, that rendered him otherwise immune. Johnson was the pinnacle of USMC Technology.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Incredible Member

But yea ... thanks to the books, you find out his badass self survived the Flood because of an incident involving himself, the Covenant, and an entire case of plasma grenades, that rendered him otherwise immune. Johnson was the pinnacle of USMC Technology.
    Absolutely.
    Oh yeah.. and he is a ~cough~ Spartan I ~Cough~
    Classified, of course...

One of the times they got it right:

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    One of the times they got it right:

I don't mean doom marine, I mean doom slayer. The doom slayer from doom 2016 is quite a bit stronger than the doom marine.

For one thing a massive temple had tp be dropped on him just to briefly hold him so he could be imprisoned. The god of hell is afraid of him and one character wonders if its even possible to kill him ( game play and story segregation in effect)

Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Immune to the Flood, or immune to plasma grenades?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Immune to the Flood, or immune to plasma grenades?
    I mean the honest answer ... is "yes".

More specifically, the amount of radiation from the grenades messed him up so bad that the Flood spores (you know the little squddies that infect you), didn't want to touch him. ~cough~ the Spartan I augmentation process jacked his body up so bad the Flood didn't want to waste time trying to jack, and then alter, his make up ~cough~

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I don't mean doom marine, I mean doom slayer. The doom slayer from doom 2016 is quite a bit stronger than the doom marine.

For one thing a massive temple had tp be dropped on him just to briefly hold him so he could be imprisoned. The god of hell is afraid of him and one character wonders if its even possible to kill him ( game play and story segregation in effect)
    Chief still murders him.

If you go based on story, Cortana manipulated extant-Forerunner tech to shield him from a tactical nuke going off in his face, based on feats ... he had a space-ship fall on him, and was just KO'd.

How huge are Master Chief's guts?

Incredible Member

Chief still murders him.

If you go based on story, Cortana manipulated extant-Forerunner tech to shield him from a tactical nuke going off in his face, based on feats ... he had a space-ship fall on him, and was just KO'd.
    Yeah, Chief has tons of durability feats and Spartan II's in inferior armor to what he now wears have others.

Some other good examples of this is a Spartan taking hits from a freakin' Covenant spaceship plasma cannon. Ones that melt several feet thick (in huge sections) of titanium II metal (titanium reinforced on a molecular level). To be specific, it took five shots to melt through her armor enough to kill her and she was still alive long enough to have a brief back and forth of words with the Spartans.

Tanking a fully charged hit from a Hunter's fuel rod cannon.

Various explosions, including an air-to-ground missile that exploded in his face and only dropped Chief's shields and gave him a bloody lip.

Re-entry from multiple Spartans, including Spartan IIIs (noted as much weaker than Spartan IIs and shown to be so based on feats)

Yeah, Chief has tons of durability feats and Spartan II's in inferior armor to what he now wears have others.

Some other good examples of this is a Spartan taking hits from a freakin' Covenant spaceship plasma cannon. Ones that melt several feet thick (in huge sections) of titanium II metal (titanium reinforced on a molecular level). To be specific, it took five shots to melt through her armor enough to kill her and she was still alive long enough to have a brief back and forth of words with the Spartans.

Tanking a fully charged hit from a Hunter's fuel rod cannon.

Various explosions, including an air-to-ground missile that exploded in his face and only dropped Chief's shields and gave him a bloody lip.

Re-entry from multiple Spartans, including Spartan IIIs (noted as much weaker than Spartan IIs and shown to be so based on feats)
    The III's were so jacked up on various things though, they could fight for a few minutes with their major organs completely missing. They were strong in a different way, and with the cocktail they were on ... most of them were straight up and down sociopaths. Hell, even the Spartan-II were pretty jacked up mentally. To the point where there was a somewhat legitimate concern about Chief's sanity after he lost Cortana.

As far as his guts ... he's got far more than Doom Slayer can handle

Incredible Member

The III's were so jacked up on various things though, they could fight for a few minutes with their major organs completely missing. They were strong in a different way, and with the cocktail they were on ... most of them were straight up and down sociopaths. Hell, even the Spartan-II were pretty jacked up mentally. To the point where there was a somewhat legitimate concern about Chief's sanity after he lost Cortana.

As far as his guts ... he's got far more than Doom Slayer can handle
    This is true.
    In fact, in Halo: Reach, one of the Spartan IIIs had a plasma sword driven all the way through him and kept fighting. His organs had to be boiled but he was still killing shit.
    Dudes are crazy.

I liked the mental issues Chief encountered after he lost Cortana. I rather enjoy the story line even if I stopped playing after 4 came out.