Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Damian doesnt live with bruce anymore
    Yeah he does. He splits his time between the manor and Titans Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    How much of new 52 is still canon? I recall Dick was staying at Bruce's for some type of protection after his parents died since DC seemed unsure of the son title for the non-Damian kids. I believe thhis was the "Robin internship" period. Dick found out the Batman secret ID and went out on his own to look for his parents killers. I haven't read the issue in a while but it came off like Bruce felt he had to allow it so he could look out for Dick since he'd go out anyway.

Lobdell has retold Jason's origin a few times and even in the version you're mentioning we don't know if Lelsie said "adopt him" or "stop treating a homeless orphan like a threat." That was during the new 52 too. The Rebirth version seems to follow the origin from Post-Crisis with Jason proving himself then Bruce taking him in. In all of Lobdell's versions as well as the Post-Crisis origin Bruce offers Jason the chance to be his partner. I don't know the current origin for Tim. Regardless he wanted all of his kids otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to take them in.

I do agree that Bruce is letting Damian do too much with no proper supervision or proper punishment.
    Jeez you are correct and I did read the Rebirth version but completely forgot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    How much of new 52 is still canon? I recall Dick was staying at Bruce's for some type of protection after his parents died since DC seemed unsure of the son title for the non-Damian kids. I believe thhis was the "Robin internship" period. Dick found out the Batman secret ID and went out on his own to look for his parents killers. I haven't read the issue in a while but it came off like Bruce felt he had to allow it so he could look out for Dick since he'd go out anyway.

Lobdell has retold Jason's origin a few times and even in the version you're mentioning we don't know if Lelsie said "adopt him" or "stop treating a homeless orphan like a threat." That was during the new 52 too. The Rebirth version seems to follow the origin from Post-Crisis with Jason proving himself then Bruce taking him in. In all of Lobdell's versions as well as the Post-Crisis origin Bruce offers Jason the chance to be his partner. I don't know the current origin for Tim. Regardless he wanted all of his kids otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to take them in.

I do agree that Bruce is letting Damian do too much with no proper supervision or proper punishment.
    That's because Bruce would rather live with Duke than his own son.

Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm sorry but are you under the impression that Damian is about to go bad.or something? Damian doesn't need anything like that. Damian isn't corrupt. He is a hero who has given his life to save others and the world. He might be rude, socially immature and pompous but that isn't usual especially for a teenager.

And as for the Robin Mantle Damian has earned that multiple times and then some There is nothing that says that Robin has to be polite. Dick, Bruce, Jason and Tim are the ones who know whatever code Robin abides by and they are fine with Damian caring that mantle.
    Heroes like Superman have that much confidence in Damian that he trusted his son to roam unsupervised under Damian. If those guys believe he is worthy then he is.
    I am not saying its inevitable or he is not a hero but there is a real possibility of him making mistakes which may cost lives or have other unpleasant consequences due to his arrogance or apparent unwillingness to fully acknowledge and respect other persons. Just a recent example is him apparently crippling wally for life and driving the other wally away who gets inducted by deathstroke who is almost always a bad influence for kids. What I am trying to say is that apparently he is increasingly behaving in a highhanded manner thinking he knows the best when a leader always should respect his associates and allow some laitutde to them. His psychology also rather renders him susceptible to hubris although I am not saying he should be a stalwart zen master it will lessen the chances of his getting carried away in the heat of the situation and making impulsive decisions but rather make informed choices based on calm reasoning without being coloured by his apparent superciliousness. He may behave arrogantly or not but his choices should not reflect poorly on him or Bruce.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I am not saying its inevitable or he is not a hero but there is a real possibility of him making mistakes which may cost lives or have other unpleasant consequences due to his arrogance or apparent unwillingness to fully acknowledge and respect other persons. Just a recent example is him apparently crippling wally for life and driving the other wally away who gets inducted by deathstroke who is almost always a bad influence for kids. What I am trying to say is that apparently he is increasingly behaving in a highhanded manner thinking he knows the best when a leader always should respect his associates and allow some laitutde to them. His psychology also rather renders him susceptible to hubris although I am not saying he should be a stalwart zen master it will lessen the chances of his getting carried away in the heat of the situation and making impulsive decisions but rather make informed choices based on calm reasoning without being coloured by his apparent superciliousness. He may behave arrogantly or not but his choices should not reflect poorly on him or Bruce.
    I think it is important that you understand that Percy has said that for his series TT he purposefully regressed Damian and that Priest who wrote The Lazarus Contract believes that it is important that Damian have edges in order to keep him interesting and did acknowledged that his regular Damian is different to Lazarus Damian.

When you judge a character try to look at the bulk of their work to get their regular characterisation.
    He might be susceptible to hubris but I don't view that as something that has to change. Damian does not have to fit a particular mold as a poster said we don't want all characters the same.

Unfortunately as long as he is written by writers like Percy whose entire TT series centres around Damian learning he will be written to make mistakes just to drive the plot so he gets a pass for anything Titans related because I know we are working with regressed for plot reasons Damian.

I