Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default DCEU Doomsday vs MCU Ultron

Ultron is in his final form, who takes it?

Astonishing Member

Ultron doesn't really have anything that can do any permanent damage to Doomsday. I'd even question if Ultron can do any damage at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ultron doesn't really have anything that can do any permanent damage to Doomsday. I'd even question if Ultron can do any damage at all.
    Strongest version of Ultron can definitely do damage to at least the earlier versions of DD.
    The one that kills Superman...? Eh... Maybe not much.
    But I cannot really think of much of anything he could do to keep him down and assuming we are going with Doomsday in that final form, Ultron is likely not getting a ten count here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Strongest version of Ultron can definitely do damage to at least the earlier versions of DD.
    The one that kills Superman...? Eh... Maybe not much.
    But I cannot really think of much of anything he could do to keep him down and assuming we are going with Doomsday in that final form, Ultron is likely not getting a ten count here either.
    how can movie Ultron hurt Doomsday who survived a nuclear bomb?
    Last edited by choptop; 08-05-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    how can movie Ultron hurt Doomsday who survived a nuclear bomb?
    Doomsday evolved from the bomb.
    He did not no-sell it.
    Ultron was capable of matching off with any of the Avengers in pure strength and was able to tank (for a time) massive damage from the most powerful Avengers. I would say him hurting Doomsday is not out of line with his character. Causing lasting harm? Nope. Hurting? Sure.
    Especially, as I specified, the earlier version of him.

Mighty Member

Doomsday evolved from the bomb.
    He did not no-sell it.
    He didn't say he no-sold it. He said he survived; which he did.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    The implication of the statement was that, by just surviving the blast, it put him beyond Ultron's ability to hurt. Which is what Syrile was responding to.
    "Someone or thing has got to pay, it's given too much to take away. Oh I just want a legacy, Oh I just want it all to never fade! Don't we all arrive, at the same place where we began?" - Divisi

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The implication of the statement was that, by just surviving the blast, it put him beyond Ultron's ability to hurt. Which is what Syrile was responding to.
    Exactly.
    Just as Cthulhu explained, the implication was there that this feat was shear durability.
    In fact, it was not. It was a feat of his ability to evolve from damage rather than die to it.

he survived it that's beyond what the Avengers or Ultron can do id say its a prtty good case to be made saying Ultron cant do jack to doomsday.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    he survived it that's beyond what the Avengers or Ultron can do id say its a prtty good case to be made saying Ultron cant do jack to doomsday.
    Survive is definitely different than no-sell.
    It is an important distinction when you can 10-count someone.
    However, as I mentioned, Ultron is not KOing full power Doomsday anyway.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Survive is definitely different than no-sell.
    It is an important distinction when you can 10-count someone.
    However, as I mentioned, Ultron is not KOing full power Doomsday anyway.
    a good example of this: frieza getting hit by the spirit bomb on namek. he survived it but not without some damage and he didn't pop back up immediately.

but agreed. ultron doesn't really have anything to put DD down for good or at the very least, a 10 count.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    a good example of this: frieza getting hit by the spirit bomb on namek. he survived it but not without some damage and he didn't pop back up immediately.

but agreed. ultron doesn't really have anything to put DD down for good or at the very least, a 10 count.
    Yep.
    Huge difference between survive and no-damage.
    If you can do any damage at all and have the ability to land unanswered attacks forever, it makes a huge difference.

The biggest issue with Doomsday is that he really does recover insanely fast and putting out the damage needed is just.. beyond Ultron.

Astonishing Member

I think "tanking" becomes a bit of a flexible term when it comes to advanced healing factors though. For example, comic Hulk is less durable than post crisis Superman by a decent margin. But Hulk heals much, much faster. So functionally the two can tank damage at about the same rate. The same attack which bounces off Superman might make Hulk bleed, but Hulk then just heals and the pain makes him madder.

Doomsday is like the Hulk. You can hurt him, but he heals and grows stronger from it so you may as well not bother if it isn't taking him out of the fight entirely.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I think "tanking" becomes a bit of a flexible term when it comes to advanced healing factors though. For example, comic Hulk is less durable than post crisis Superman by a decent margin. But Hulk heals much, much faster. So functionally the two can tank damage at about the same rate. The same attack which bounces off Superman might make Hulk bleed, but Hulk then just heals and the pain makes him madder.

Doomsday is like the Hulk. You can hurt him, but he heals and grows stronger from it so you may as well not bother if it isn't taking him out of the fight entirely.
    This is true.
    However, it is a very important thing to keep in mind that there is a difference.
    For example, imagine an attack that simply cannot hurt Superman.
    Now, imagine that attack can hurt Hulk.
    The person throwing said attack can hit them both, unanswered (say from superspeed), millions and millions of times.
    Eventually, that person could possibly 10-count Hulk but could never 10-count Superman.
    Unless the regen is faster than the attack, of course.

That is the reason there must be a distinction when saying a comment like that.

Astonishing Member

When I made my first comment I basically just figured it was Doomsday as he was towards the end of his screen time.

Ultron might have something that can injure Doomsday when he first appeared in the movie, but nothing that can put him down for good, or long enough.