Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Cyclops winds up being a tough one in "Rumble" terms. According to those rules, my understanding is that any limitations someone might place on themselves are out the window.

Unless I'm recalling it incorrectly, Cyclops is at potentially "Nuclear Reactor' levels of power.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    scott went through a lot of changes to his visor. at one time, he had a special button in his glove that lets him open it. later on, it was improved by just responding to him just tensing or relaxing his eyes. and after emma helped him out, he had complete, or at least partical, control over his powers so he didn't need a visor. what he was using at the time of his death, i'm not sure.
    I have absolutely no idea how that X-shaped visor worked, and I'm pretty sure writers don't know either.

But that doesn't matter. Cyclops doesn't need to use his hand on the visor. He can adjust it just fine. It's been a long time since he needed to use "finger on visor" method.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Can you establish that Cyclops' wide beam could even put a dent in Hawkman's Nth armor?
    How tough is Hawkman?
    Cyclops can drill straight through mountains, just for a reference.

Can you establish that Cyclops' wide beam could even put a dent in Hawkman's Nth armor?
    That Nth armor doesn't fully cover Hawkman. A wide beam is going to hit every exposed surface on whichever side of Hawkman is facing Cyclops.

Astonishing Member

What equipment does Hawkman have for this fight?

Mighty Member

Also, Cyclops wide beam can punch a whole through mountains or jungles. What's the best durability feat for the armor?

Wings Regenerate. Once again: Summer HAS NO HEALING FACTOR

Earth Slams Blockbuster. Yeah. Summers can survive that. (SEE FIRST TWO SCANS)

Heals from a fatal blast wound that would OBLITERATE SUMMER'S head
    Last edited by Redwolf; 08-06-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Wings Regenerate. Once again: Summer HAS NO HEALING FACTOR

Earth Slams Blockbuster. Yeah. Summers can survive that. (SEE FIRST TWO SCANS)

Heals from a fatal blast wound that would OBLITERATE SUMMER'S head

One more.....

Body Regeneration. Summer HAS NO HEALING FACTOR

All hail to the godmode Summer's wide beam. Like hell.

Cyclops vs Batman. I'm not a fan of the Bat, but he kicks that Cyclops ass too.

That your head will eventually regenerate after being hit by a force that has leveled large swaths of territory and reduced Sentinels to rubble does not change that it will be hit by that force before it can regenerate after said hit.

Which is before you even factor in that potential psychological limits Summers has placed on his power might fall away in this scenario.

Incredible Member

Don't know about n rebirth, but NU Hawkman was pretty up there in durability. At the lowest end he was slightly below spiderman. At the end of series after his armor boost he was way higher. Probably a Luke cage level tank+ or something thereabouts. Still, I don't think that's good to wade through an unleashed cyclops beam. Maybe he survives it hitting and endures due to the endurance/healing factor, but Hawkman won't be doing anything in return. He can't win this if cyclops gets off a full blast.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Body Regeneration. Summer HAS NO HEALING FACTOR

Cyclops vs Batman. I'm not a fan of the Bat, but he kicks that Cyclops ass too.
    what does batman have to do with this?

and how fast is his regen? we talking wolverine levels or what?

Why post a thread if you only want your favourite character to win? Isn't that against the rules?
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

You keep posting scans of a guy with huge chunks of his body exposed, bare flesh no less, his neck even, parts of his face, his chest, his arms, etc. with said considerable unarmoured chunks of body thus getting pulverized, likely to goo, by a wide beam shot by Cyclops (which as noted can do things like core through a mountain) at the start of the fight, then saying he wins anyway because there's armor on some bits of his body. Can you explain the logic there, if any?

Why is Cyclops' own durability or lack of regen going to come up, at all, when all he has to do is wide angle shot at fight start, and fight is then over? He's not getting hit, so why is it relevant? How does any of that help Hawkman not get blasted into paste at the start of the fight?

None of my questions are rhetorical, I am legit curious why you feel none of these things are issues for Hawkman here. I'm honestly looking for answers to these questions. I note this because various posters seem to ask you questions in this thread or otherwise reply to you in ways that either you've missed, are intentionally ignoring, or refused to reply to in turn. If it's either of those last two, why bother to make a thread where people can respond to the things you say and ask you things, as if in expectation of an answer to the things they say/questions they ask that actually addresses them? Again, this question is not rhetorical either. People sometimes do this on the board and I never really get why, it's just a waste of everyone's time in such cases.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-06-2017 at 11:36 PM.