Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Is the inhumans tv show cancelled?

Hi guys i just saw this on the local aussie news - http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...a1d51b10c81dff

It suggests that the inhumans tv show has been canned before it started. Can anyone confirm this
    I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    Hi guys i just saw this on the local aussie news - http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...a1d51b10c81dff

It suggests that the inhumans tv show has been canned before it started. Can anyone confirm this
    Well the trailer looked decidedly amateur, so if the pilot is a reflection of that trailer I am not surprised the critics asked probing questions. I guess we will see if it has been canned, but I wouldn't be surprised. Can a show afford to open with terrible reviews?

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Hopefully this means no more Scott Buck led projects. He's like the Jeph Loeb of Jeph Loeb overseen productions.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Falcon, Tales of Suspense, Avengers
    DC Comics: Challengers of the Unknown, The Terrifics, Justice League

PSN Gamertag:

CR1MS0N_DYNAM0

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Hopefully this means no more Scott Buck led projects. He's like the Jeph Loeb of Jeph Loeb overseen productions.
    +1

The show looks terrible.

I hope its true.

You realize Jeph Loeb oversees The Netflix shows and Agents of SHIELD right? Including The Defenders which is getting pretty good reviews so far? And AOS just had an amazing 4th season?

Also I wouldn't be surprised if half the negative reviews are from people wanting to see the show fail because it's the Inhumans. Lately anything Inhuman related seems to have gotten a lot of flack imo.

I'm withholding judgement til I actually Watch the show.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast - Episode 28 is live! It it Adam and Doc discuss Episode 3 of ABC's Inhumans!
    Pull List: Royals, Secret Warriors, Black Bolt, Inhumans:
    Once and Future Kings, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, Spider-Gwen, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Jessica Jones, Hawkeye, She(?)-Hulk

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Nimrod;2999882]Hi guys i just saw this on the local aussie news

The report actually says it's getting "caned" not cancelled.

I think critically those that have seen it have said it's complete rubbish.

This isn't a surprise because the preview was uniquely terrible. It's not the kind of rubbish you see often.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You realize Jeph Loeb oversees The Netflix shows and Agents of SHIELD right? Including The Defenders which is getting pretty good reviews so far? And AOS just had an amazing 4th season?

Also I wouldn't be surprised if half the negative reviews are from people wanting to see the show fail because it's the Inhumans. Lately anything Inhuman related seems to have gotten a lot of flack imo.

Of course I do. But I also realize that Jeph Loeb works much better at that higher level, when he starts writing or show running he has a fecal version of the Midas touch. Apparently Scott Buck has inherited that power.

Like I said, he's the Jeph Loeb of Jeph Loeb overseen pojects.

As for the Inhumans, I love the Inhumans. Which is why I'd never hire Scott Buck to work on them.

He made the terrible Iron Fist show and destroyed the last season of Dexter.
    Last edited by Things Fall Apart; 08-07-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Falcon, Tales of Suspense, Avengers
    DC Comics: Challengers of the Unknown, The Terrifics, Justice League

PSN Gamertag:

CR1MS0N_DYNAM0

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post

The Inhumans were well received in Agents of SHIELD though

This project feels like it should have been a movie not a tv series given how much flak the effects in the trailer got.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Inhumans were well received in Agents of SHIELD though

This project feels like it should have been a movie not a tv series given how much flak the effects in the trailer got.
    I like Agents of Shield, and I thought the Nu-humans one of the weaker elements. The best parts were the tail end of the first season, when things really began to change, most scenes involving Kyle MacLachlan, the truly excellent "prison planet" episode in season 3, and the brilliant life model decoy plot of season 4 (especially John Hannah's and Mallory Jansen's performances) and the interesting treatment of Ghost Rider.

In any event the Inhuman royal family are a different concept to Skye and the other Nu-humans featured thus far.

Incredible Member

I think it would be best as a mini series of 2 to 3 tv movies

Keep the budget and up the production

From the little I have seen it looks like it needs to be expensive and isn't

Of course pilots and trailers are only the first step and I hope we get a full series

This article isn't about cancellation at all. The word is "caned" not "canned". Meaning "punished". The whole article is about it being attacked as bad after the premier showing. There isn't a single line about cancellation in this article.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Nightwing, Titans, Daredevil, Royals, Secret Warriors, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Archie, Ninjak, War Mother, XO Manowar.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well the trailer looked decidedly amateur, so if the pilot is a reflection of that trailer I am not surprised the critics asked probing questions. I guess we will see if it has been canned, but I wouldn't be surprised. Can a show afford to open with terrible reviews?
    Didn't seem to hurt Iron Fist. Even the kinder critics didn't seem to think it was anything but mediocre, and it's still going to get another season. I will say, from the linked Variety interview, TPTB are coming off as a bit disingenuous and more than a bit unnecessarily testy. The criticisms didn't seem to be taking aim at the effects, which is where you'd expect things are still being tidied up a month before launch, but at the substance of the pilot. There's a certain amount of reshooting that can be done, but you'd think the script/plot is more or less finalized.

This Week's Comics: The Family Trade #1, Kill The Minotaur #5 & 6, Animosity #10, Super Sons v. 1, Burn The Orphanage v. 2

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    This article isn't about cancellation at all. The word is "caned" not "canned".
    That's probably just a typo.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's probably just a typo.
    No it probably isn't. The article supports the word "caned" not "canned". Actually read it, there isn't a single line in the text about cancellation, there is many about it being "caned" by the media. Last I checked media doesn't cancel shows and this whole article is about media grilling the actors/showrunners. The OP just misread the headline.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Nightwing, Titans, Daredevil, Royals, Secret Warriors, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Archie, Ninjak, War Mother, XO Manowar.

I doubt it. I hope the show can get renewed with a new showrunner. The cast has some good actors and they seem very nice and enthusiasthic about it, I think if anything they deserve a second chance.