Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If *I'd* managed to con my boss into dropping millions of dollars into opening a studio in freaking *Hawaii* so that I could live and work *in Hawaii!* I'd be strongly inclined to keep that project alive as long as possible, so that I could continue *working and living in Hawaii!*
    Hawaii's a great state! I've got cousins there, and even if the only time I'd seen it live was a Los Angeles to Manila stopover at midnight when I could see absolutely nothing of the scenery, it's beautiful.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。

http://deadline.com/2017/08/marvels-...ca-1202143683/

EP Jeph Loeb had addressed the IMAX release at the opening of the panel, saying that the imagery in the show was “simply extraordinary and should be seen on that screen.” Later, when it was pointed out the show did not appear IMAX-centric, Loeb elaborated, saying, “I can tell you that the show you have seen is not the finished product, so if you’re asking me whether it’s done, it’s not.”

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i hope that this does work for the Inhumans; by the the simple reason of that DisMarvel already backed off after the mess of IvX, so this failing wouldnt help the X-men at all.

And you know, it be hilarious if this show is sucessful just enough to not fire the current showrunner.
    I think Buck is going regardless, they hired him for Inhumans right after Iron Fist wrapped production on faith he'd do a good job. Inhumans is a hard sell and an even harder one because of Buck's choices.

I don't give his job a snowball's chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This is my Viewpoint exactly as well, their is not way I can see Marvel Putting so much into a series when we are in post-prodcution now to pull the plug now based on some critics not liking it. Critics are their own creatures and in my experiance have never always been able to tell what will become a classic or not. Going by them to be the final say is a worthless goal to worry about, it is just a bonus to your project, that is it.

What will determine Inhumans being good will be the Fan reaction and if they gain engagement from their fans to push for a 2nd season, then if they do they can wimp the production crew clean then to revamp like many shows have done before.

IMO give the show a chance before bouncing on its non-real cancellation.
    It's not different than the reception iron fist got, that show had a hostile reception the second the world discovered a white guy was cast ... as a white guy. Inhumans by contrast is getting a much less hostile reception pre-pilot. And Iron Fist was one of Netflix's most viewed shows, I believe they said it's the most watched of the solo series so far I guess because the hype of how much hate it's getting drove people to make their own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Not actually a seperate thing. And they have always been called Inhumans.
    They're very much a separate thing, Attilan Inhumans have an entirely different genetic make up to Human nuhumans.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

how is it cancelled already? is it even out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    "caned," not "cancelled." it's getting beat up by critics (as if with a cane), but hasn't been cancelled yet. that would likely come later, unless they can pull some hail mary in the final stretch

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    just my opinion, but Iron Fist didn't earn a second season. i want one because i like the characters. but Finn, despite looking the part, was entirely charisma free. i kept hoping that they'd swap him out for the drunken fighter. even the meachum's were more engaging. how the hell do you mess up the fight choreography for a show depicting one of Marvel's best martial artists. the story could have been weak as hell; if they got the fighting right. Daredevil is proof of this. i couldn't tell you the details for the first few episodes. but i remember that guy from the bowling alley beating the crap out of Murdock. i remember he and Stick throwing down in his apartment. it was a viscerally rewarding experience.
    I have identified myself not as an apologist, but perhaps as "Keeper of a spectrum of mostly good", in that I don't require total perfection - and isn't that defined individually anyway?

At any rate, I think Ward especially, but in general the Meachums, were must more interesting, their stories, etc. Having said that, I didn't mind, because I think so much of Danny's story is tied up in that crap, how his father / family was messed up by Daddy Meachum. But yeah, WARD was the focal point for me. I guess I didn't notice that the fight stuff was crappy. I enjoyed it enough, though certainly not as much as DD, Cage or JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This is my Viewpoint exactly as well, their is not way I can see Marvel Putting so much into a series when we are in post-prodcution now to pull the plug now based on some critics not liking it. Critics are their own creatures and in my experiance have never always been able to tell what will become a classic or not. Going by them to be the final say is a worthless goal to worry about, it is just a bonus to your project, that is it.

What will determine Inhumans being good will be the Fan reaction and if they gain engagement from their fans to push for a 2nd season, then if they do they can wimp the production crew clean then to revamp like many shows have done before.

IMO give the show a chance before bouncing on its non-real cancellation.
    I agree. Factoid of the past: During the promo period for the 1976 King Kong, there was much buzz over the "life-size" giant robot ape that was used in a key scene (when he breaks out in NY). Anyone could tell the robot was ... bad. It just didn't fit with the other footage, but Dino DeLaurentis made a media blitz about how everyone would love "this" Kong (specifically because of the robot, I think).

It didn't really turn out that way - but the caveat is we're a long ways from '76 and no robots will be used (or harmed) in the making of Inhumans.

I think post-production is where it WILL happen, and the only reason why they released "shoddy" material before hand is most likely because they are in a deadline crunch. They need to put out something about this. I mean, come on. They can't sell the movie without some pre-promo.

I said something to this effect earlier in the thread, they are probably having crunch/overlapping deadlines due to how many folks have their fingers in the pie.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    If that's true(haven't read further into it) then good.

Shitcan the entire thing and start over from scratch. Looking like it's DOA. Meteor Man looked better.
    Nope. Relax, Marvel has it. They really have not failed yet. This is different because of the linkage with ABC, IMAX, etc. But I am willing to believe that Marvel truly knows a lot is riding on this one, because it is such a different creature, creatively and in terms of the production/linkage between 'interests' and what not.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    "caned," not "cancelled." it's getting beat up by critics (as if with a cane), but hasn't been cancelled yet. that would likely come later, unless they can pull some hail mary in the final stretch
    oh ok. thanks for the clarification.

how marvel has treated the xmen, especially with the poorly written ivx, it's kinda nice to see karma working her magic.

I admit to no longer being much of an X-Man/Men fan. It certainly started back in the '90s when the least respected minority started to become a universe unto themselves. Along with this (and actually for some time before) was less crossovers between mutants and... every thing else.

So the mutants became their own little world and most of their fans seem to like it that way. It was hard for me to see them as a minority, though.

I won't even go into Scarlet Witch's treatment with Dissembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Honestly when it comes to comic based TV shows and Films we aren't the target audience because they know the shows couldn't survive on us alone. If we like it great if not fine hence why they don't care when fans have fits when adaptations don't match the comics the target audience is the general public who most have never read a comic or hasn't in years if not decades.
    I would agree if we were talking about the movies. but there are way too many easter eggs in the Netflix shows to not be aimed at people already familiar with the material. the handling of the dragon, alone, doesn't work unless you are familiar with how the comic book character got his abilities. maybe I'm just seeing things. but the tv shows feel like they are deliberating recreating moments from the books. who expected to see Finn Cooley (talk about obscure)? but, yeah, we definitely aren't the target audience for the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Astonishing Member

Maybe they need to wait a month or two before putting the show out so they can get the CGI and stuff better.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This series will be aired at the Friday night, the so called Death Slot. So, the chances are high.

I never understood the Inhumans. They always felt to me like the X-men but less relatable. What's the draw? Marvel's been putting them in everything recently.
    Currently Reading:
    MARVEL - Invincible Iron Man, Renew Your Vows, Guardians of the Galaxy, She-Hulk
    DC - Red Hood and the Outlaws, Mister Miracle
    Dark Horse
    Other

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vault View Post
    I never understood the Inhumans. They always felt to me like the X-men but less relatable. What's the draw? Marvel's been putting them in everything recently.
    It's not really at all like the X-Men. It's a weird sci-fi royalty drama. If you're looking at it and expecting it to look like the X-Men, you're missing the point.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?