View Poll Results: Justice Society Poll IV: favorite members, 2007-2008 additions

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obsidian (Todd Rice, son of Golden Age Green Lantern)

    26 59.09%
  • Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers, daughter of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle)

    28 63.64%
  • Damage (Grant Emerson, son of the Golden Age Atom)

    17 38.64%
  • Starman (Thom Kallor, the 31st Century's Star Boy)

    16 36.36%
  • Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel, granddaughter of Golden Age Red Tornado)

    19 43.18%
  • Wildcat/Tomcat (Tom Bronson, son of Golden Age Wildcat)

    14 31.82%
  • Citizen Steel (Nate Heywood, grandson of Commander Steel)

    12 27.27%
  • Superman from Earth-22 (Clark Kent / Kal-El from Kingdom Come series)

    10 22.73%
  • Judomaster (Sonia Sato)

    7 15.91%
  • Amazing Man (Markus Clay, grandson of 1940s-era Amazing Man)

    12 27.27%
  • Lightning (Jennifer Pierce, daughter of Black Lightning)

    12 27.27%
  • Lance/later Magog (David Reid, great-grandson of F.D.R.)

    1 2.27%
  • Mister America (Jeffrey Graves)

    5 11.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,881

    Default Justice Society Poll IV: favorite members, 2007-2008 additions (see poll)

    For the fourth poll with members of the Justice Society, this one is concentrating on those characters who first became members during the first roughly thirteen issues of Geoff Johns' 2007-2008 Justice Society of America (volume 3) run.
    Choices for this thread / poll are
    Obsidian (Todd Rice, son of Golden Age Green Lantern)
    Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers, daughter of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle)
    Damage (Grant Emerson, son of the Golden Age Atom)
    Starman (Thom Kallor, the 31st Century's Star Boy)
    Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel, granddaughter of Golden Age Red Tornado)
    Wildcat/Tomcat (Tom Bronson, son of Golden Age Wildcat)
    Citizen Steel (Nate Heywood, grandson of Commander Steel)
    Superman from Earth-22 (Clark Kent / Kal-El from Kingdom Come series)
    Judomaster (Sonia Sato)
    Amazing Man (Markus Clay, grandson of 1940s-era Amazing Man)
    Lightning (Jennifer Pierce, daughter of Black Lightning)
    Lance/later Magog (David Reid, great-grandson of F.D.R.)
    Mister America (Jeffrey Graves)
    NOTE: there are still more members that joined the Justice Society before Flashpoint / The New 52 in 2011, but they will have to wait for another poll.
    As with previous threads / polls in this series, there are no limits on how many of these characters you may choose from the poll, but you might want to try and keep it to no more than, say, eight.

    As for the previous threads / polls:
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 08-09-2017 at 08:23 AM.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    1. Maxine Hunkel (My favorite JSA member of all time)
    2. Tommy Bronson
    3. Thom Kallor
    4. Jesse Chambers
    5. Todd Rice
    6. Jennifer Pierce
    7. Superman from Earth-22
    8. Not going to vote for him, but Grant. I love Grant overall more than most of these characters (Everyone by Maxine and Tommy), but the way Johns wrote him was terrible.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,881

    Default

    At the moment,
    Obsidian (Todd Rice)
    Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel)
    Amazing Man (Markus Clay)
    seem to be the early poll favorites, followed closely by:
    Damage (Grant Emerson)
    Wildcat/Tomcat (Tom Bronson)
    Lightning (Jennifer Pierce)

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For the fourth poll with members of the Justice Society, this one is concentrating on those characters who first became members during the first roughly thirteen issues of Geoff Johns' 2007-2008 Justice Society of America (volume 3) run.
    Choices for this thread / poll are
    Obsidian (Todd Rice, son of Golden Age Green Lantern)
    Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers, daughter of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle)
    Damage (Grant Emerson, son of the Golden Age Atom)
    Starman (Thom Kallor, the 31st Century's Star Boy)
    Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel, granddaughter of Golden Age Red Tornado)
    Wildcat/Tomcat (Tom Bronson, son of Golden Age Wildcat)
    Citizen Steel (Nate Heywood, grandson of Commander Steel)
    Superman from Earth-22 (Clark Kent / Kal-El from Kingdom Come series)
    Judomaster (Sonia Sato)
    Amazing Man (Markus Clay, grandson of 1940s-era Amazing Man)
    Lightning (Jennifer Pierce, daughter of Black Lightning)
    Lance/later Magog (David Reid, great-grandson of F.D.R.)
    Mister America (Jeffrey Graves)
    NOTE: there are still more members that joined the Justice Society before Flashpoint / The New 52 in 2011, but they will have to wait for another poll.
    As with previous threads / polls in this series, there are no limits on how many of these characters you may choose from the poll, but you might want to try and keep it to no more than, say, eight.

    As for the previous threads / polls:

    My list:

    Obsidian
    Liberty Belle II
    Damage
    Wildcat
    Citizen Steel
    Superman
    Judomaster
    Mr. America
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Mera, The Terrifics, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Starman- He was hilarious! Loved his addition.
    Jesse Chambers- Have always liked her going back to her flash days.
    Kingdom Come Superman- Loved how Johns tied that into his story arc.

    Really those are the only three I cared for because there were a lot of odd additions in this series. Not that I dislike the others, I am just indifferent.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 08-09-2017 at 04:52 PM.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At the moment,
    Obsidian (Todd Rice)
    Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel)
    Amazing Man (Markus Clay)
    seem to be the early poll favorites . . .
    Obsidian still ranks as one of the top vote getters, but now he's been joined by Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers).
    Wildcat/Tomcat (Tom Bronson) is one vote behind them.

  7. #7
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,857

    Default

    Toughest to pick of the four poll threads, IMO:

    Jesse Chambers
    Cyclone
    Obsidian
    Citizen Steel
    Starman
    Tom Bronson
    Lightning
    Judomaster
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Thor2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Starman- he was a hoot
    Cyclone- was a nice update on the Red Tornado legacy
    Liberty Belle II- always liked her
    Damage- had some key moments iirc

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Thor2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    HA! Nobody likes Magog.

  10. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    HA! Nobody likes Magog.
    Because Magog is the worst.

    If you look at the sales for the Magog solo book they somehow thought was a good idea, it's hilarious how low it started and ended up getting.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,881

    Default

    Just decided to see where voting currently stands on this.
    At the moment,
    * Liberty Belle II/Jessie Quick (Jesse Chambers) = 11 votes
    * Obsidian (Todd Rice) = 10 votes
    * Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel) = 9 votes
    * Wildcat/Tomcat (Tom Bronson) = 8 votes
    * Damage (Grant Emerson) = 7 votes

    All other characters on the poll had 5 votes or less.

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,881

    Default

    If I did one last poll (for characters added during the Willingham / Sturges / Guggenheim runs of Justice Society of America and JSA All-Stars), it looks like the candidates (according to a Wikipedia entry) would be:
    * All-American Kid (really Kid Karnevil)
    * King Chimera
    * Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson)
    * Roxy
    * Anna Fortune
    * Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
    * Red Beetle (Sara Butters)
    * Ri
    * Darknight
    * (Golden Age) Liberty Belle (Libby Lawrence)

    But, would enough people care to make it worth doing?

  13. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

    But, would enough people care to make it worth doing?
    I don't think so. Me personally, I'd probably just mention how I kinda liked Sara and thought she had potential and also make another joke about how King Chimera is the worst...besides Magog of course.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If I did one last poll (for characters added during the Willingham / Sturges / Guggenheim runs of Justice Society of America and JSA All-Stars), it looks like the candidates (according to a Wikipedia entry) would be:
    * All-American Kid (really Kid Karnevil)
    * King Chimera
    * Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson)
    * Roxy
    * Anna Fortune
    * Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
    * Red Beetle (Sara Butters)
    * Ri
    * Darknight
    * (Golden Age) Liberty Belle (Libby Lawrence)

    But, would enough people care to make it worth doing?
    Not for that run!

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,947

    Default

    I voted for:

    Obsidian
    Starman
    Currently reading: Legion of Super-Heroes ('80s), New Teen Titans ('80s)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •