Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    War of Kings was everything great about the Inhumans. High level political intrigue, royal marriage, large scale war, deep questions. This all could have happened with the Inhumans returned to Earth and it could have been supplemented by rebuilding Genosha and you could have had high level political intrigue between the various Marvel sub-franchises.
    Agree, the cosmic scale coupled with the lower level intrigue was a well balanced dynamic. As much as I dislike Fraction, I think his GoT idea would have worked better that what was actually published.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    Alien culture ? Alien genes ? Not really they genes were genetically manipulated by the Kree in the comics I supposed this is again retconed .

Anyway I think the public panic when the X-Men first got public in the comic is long a thing which is outdated because of the things guys guys said but also when I go with the original time-line most of the superpowers which human variants have or can have are based on the genetic manipulation of the Celestials of the human gene(which the Kree later accessed) which is basically in all human in the Marvel Comic Universe.

The panic which originally spread was connect to a paranoid question : Could your neighbor be a mutant? The answer is more : You could be a variety of things

Like you said a lot of people wouldn't listen the X-Men wouldn't get short of racist enemies.
    The Inhumans got their powers from aliens and have been hidden from society until the last ten years. As far as the public is concerned, what's more alien than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I don't think this is true.

The Inhumans publicly are pretty accepted and they do a lot of things to be seen positively by the media and the general public. it's why when people turn into Inhumans they're worried they've become mutants because mutants are gross.

It's one thing the Inhumans have done way better than the X-Men, the idea mutants would be hated and feared after all the X-Men have accomplished and with all the other super being in the world is ridiculous and out of character. The Inhumans being shown to be tolerated and accepted is much more realistic. But take away the oppressed minority allegory from the X-Men and what do you have? Not a lot, or not a lot with Marvel's current editorial who aren't capable of being able to try and evolve that concept anymore. I miss Utopia.
    It the age old problem of comics never showing progress. Fight the good fight for decades and no progress does not make sense. Also I think the nuhumans being transformed as older people who already had relationships is different than being born with an x gene.

I like most of what the inhuman have done although i have not read any of the solo books.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Wrong.

The idea a person born with powers is gross but people like the fantastic four or the avengers who got their powers from exposure to something, aren't gross, just doesn't work. It's faulty logic.

Theres no sense in the public hating mutants but loving the avengers, no one cares THAT much about where powers come from.

It just shows how outdated the mutants hated and feared concept is.
    The idea would have greater merit if mutants were universally deformed and horrifying, but considering the representatives of mutanthood are ostensibly white supermodels, it doesn't hold up. Inhumans do get hate in the MU, and it often is rooted in how they look and their distinctive culture. The 2003 Inhumans series depicted that perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The idea would have greater merit if mutants were universally deformed and horrifying, but considering the representatives of mutanthood are ostensibly white supermodels, it doesn't hold up. Inhumans do get hate in the MU, and it often is rooted in how they look and their distinctive culture. The 2003 Inhumans series depicted that perfectly.
    Two genocides, several mass murders and that no one gives a fuck about them; besides of having to deal with attacks from SHIELD, the Purifiers, the Avengers, the Friends of Humanity, the US Government's Sentinel, the Inhumans and any psycho with enough to build its own Sentinel. I think that evens out the physical appearance.

So far, Hydra is nicer to mutants than most of the heroes of the Marvel Universe.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Two genocides, several mass murders and that no one gives a fuck about them; besides of having to deal with attacks from SHIELD, the Purifiers, the Avengers, the Friends of Humanity, the US Government's Sentinel, the Inhumans and any psycho with enough to build its own Sentinel. I think that evens out the physical appearance.

So far, Hydra is nicer to mutants than most of the heroes of the Marvel Universe.
    I'm not saying the X-Men haven't been fucked over. As an X-men fan I know that there have been some contrived ass plots to paint them as villains and pit them against the rest of the superhero community. Doesn't change the fact that them being hated as some sort of "other" when there are dozens of crazy heroes out there has lost its novelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    mutants being perceived as gross is why they work and the Inhumans don't. the Inhumans are not underdogs. being inhuman is just the latest less creative way of getting powers.
    The Inhumans have been around since 1965, only 2 years after the X-Men comic premiered. So

they are not the latest and obviously being a Hidden race with its own rituals for creating super powers is ... quite creative. It certainly was 50 years ago and still is imho.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm not saying the X-Men haven't been fucked over. As an X-men fan I know that there have been some contrived ass plots to paint them as villains and pit them against the rest of the superhero community. Doesn't change the fact that them being hated as some sort of "other" when there are dozens of crazy heroes out there has lost its novelty.
    But the mutants are the only one borned that way though ? If I remember correctly. It might be the reason why humans still see them as a menace to their survival.
    Magneto/Cyclops/Batman

I didn't like the gas mist thing myself. I liked the previous ideas of Flying City with winged Inhumans, sub race, and sub race of Centaurs and various 'colonies' that are mostly pure Inhuman, but obviously over centuries some interbreeding with humans happens. (the Hidden ONes in fF some years ago?)

I would like to think that even Atlanteans could possibly be a sub race of Inhumans, given the time lines and Bird City etc. Namor's winged feet, hello?

The mist thing doesn't work as well in this regard, but I do think it was Marvel's attempt at making Inhumans bigger/more important than Mutants. Since QS is no longer a mutant, I don't understand his exposure to T-mist back in the M-day stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The Inhumans have been around since 1965, only 2 years after the X-Men comic premiered. So

they are not the latest and obviously being a Hidden race with its own rituals for creating super powers is ... quite creative. It certainly was 50 years ago and still is imho.
    they totally are the latest. it doesn't matter how long they've been around. they've only recently stopped focusing on the Royal Family and introduced the terrigenesis of civilians.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Fantastic Member

And in many ways the Nuhumans could breathe new life into the franchise if utilized properly. As the OP stated, Nuhumans could be made to pose real challenges for the Royal Family, whether it be pressures on their facilities or trying to ascend into the upper ranks itself. Maybe they want a representative in the House of Agon or Maximus tries to build a base of support among them and starts his own "family". There's the question of where their allegiances lie, to the Inhumans or their old nations, and how they begin to accept their new culture. Wasting them on X-Men themes of hatred and insecurity is no fun and not true to who the Inhumans are.

Incredible Member

I didn't like the gas mist thing myself. I liked the previous ideas of Flying City with winged Inhumans, sub race, and sub race of Centaurs and various 'colonies' that are mostly pure Inhuman, but obviously over centuries some interbreeding with humans happens. (the Hidden ONes in fF some years ago?)

I would like to think that even Atlanteans could possibly be a sub race of Inhumans, given the time lines and Bird City etc. Namor's winged feet, hello?

The mist thing doesn't work as well in this regard, but I do think it was Marvel's attempt at making Inhumans bigger/more important than Mutants. Since QS is no longer a mutant, I don't understand his exposure to T-mist back in the M-day stories.
    I think Atlanteans have been more connected to Deviants, I mean the Celestials' attack on Deviants sink an entire continent, which later becomes Atlanteans' home.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Homo_mermanus Atlanteans may be humans genetically altered by Inhumans or Deviants tech according to the Handbook.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

One thing I liked about the push that really started in my opinion with Hickmans fantastic four and ft run and then Matt fractions ft run but was put into overdrive with infinity and partially in the new avengers and then inhumanity and then Charles soule's inhuman then uncanny inhumans to where we are now, and I must say what I liked about that push that is still happening regardless of how you guys feel that it was a failure, but what I liked about it was that marvel was finally stopping the trend of having the inhumans being regulated to background and supporting character roles in minis and I liked that they were finally pushing the inhumans out of that phase of their fictional lives.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-09-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    War of Kings was everything great about the Inhumans. High level political intrigue, royal marriage, large scale war, deep questions. This all could have happened with the Inhumans returned to Earth and it could have been supplemented by rebuilding Genosha and you could have had high level political intrigue between the various Marvel sub-franchises.

There were good ideas on outlines on how to move forward last decade by various Marvel writers and they could have been built towards such ideas, but some got greedy and decided they should wholesale cut off the mutants from the rest of the Marvel universe and replace the concept entirely.

What book is this from? I don't have it--thanks!

Science Fiction Game Of Thrones with the Royals would of been a cool way to go with the Inhumans.

I'm a little surprised none of the Inhuman book writers have brought Maelstrom back as a foe yet.