View Poll Results: Who is the responsible adult among the six Terran GLs?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hal Jordan

8 8.16%
  • Guy Gardner

2 2.04%
  • John Stewart

82 83.67%
  • Kyle Rayner

4 4.08%
  • Jessica Cruz

2 2.04%
  • Simon Baz

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    When he had the grey temples, it was Hal and I didn't think it fit him. He just ended up seeming stiff. I don't like fratboy Hal either, but I'm glad he's not the dad anymore.
    I definitely don't think Hal should ever be a stick-in-the-mud.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The Hal Jordan I grew up with, definitely. But since Geoff Johns got his hands on him and erased his decades worth of character development to turn him into an irresponsible frat-boy (I can't even call it a regression, because he was *never* that immature!), I'd have to go with John Stewart.
    I agree on all counts.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Seems unanimous. I also thought of John. He as GL leader seems a better option than Hal.
    #Dr.Wertham would be proud of you.

John, but with the caveat that while he is the least likely to act irresponsibly, when he does it's usually huge and with disastrous results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    honestly, recently, Guy's probably the most responsible. At least he does the things he says he's gonna do
    Hey, someone else thinks it's Guy! High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I liked Guy... when he was a Vuldarian with guns for hands, which everyone else but me hated.
    I like Guy quite a bit in general, but I have to agree that the "Warrior" bit was definitely underrated. I especially loved his bar!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Hal can be when he isn't forced to be one of the two extremes he's been stuck with: frat boy or boring old dude.

In general, probably John though.

John.

10char

John Stewart

Thinking back on it, even during the post-Crisis "GLC" series, John would probably win then too, but for different reasons - at that time, he was mature and stable - married to Kat, a good head on his shoulders and even-tempered, generally good-natured and light--hearted. Very different man now as he's depicted, but still the most "responsible adult."

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Alan isn't part of the Corps and wasn't selected by the Guardians.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Yeah, this bit always bothered me. Not that Alan Scott wasn't retroactively selected by the Guardians, but that he remains so divorced from the franchise that he founded. He should be the "head" of the Lanternverse, and he is not.

And you need to look no further than DC's OTHER major mantle-passing solo superhero franchise to see how it could be done right.

Jay Garrick, whether as part of clutter-Earth or Earth-2, almost always felt like he naturally belonged to the Flashverse. Jay feels kinda like the grandpa who let his "son"/ the "dad" (Barry) take over the family business. Of course, Barry died, Wally took over, but then Barry resurrected / came out of retirement and his presence demoted/erased Wally's very existence ... actually the metaphor falls apart here.

By comparison, Alan feels more like the deadbeat that left Hal with his moniker and nothing more, and Hal built an empire despite Alan's existence.

Not sure if Rebirth changed any of that.

If there was a way to more fully incorporate Alan Scott into the Lanternverse, I'd be all for it.

Oh, and I voted John Stewart, btw.

John

The best GL ever.
    Magneto/Cyclops/Batman

John gets my vote.

Aftershock: Alters
    DC: Action/BM/Batman Beyond/Blue Beetle/Flash/Gotham City Garage/GLS/JLA/Kamandi/Mister Miracle/NS-M/NW: The New Order/RHATO/SG/SM/Super Sons/TT/Trinity
    Lion Forge: Accell/Astonisher/Incidentals/Jazz Maynard/Noble/Superb/VLD
    Valiant: Bloodshot/Eternity/Harbringer Renegade/Ninja-K/Q&W/War Mother/X-O

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Seems unanimous. I also thought of John. He as GL leader seems a better option than Hal.
    Agreed, and I think leadership just weights down Hal. Its not a bad experiment to see how the character deals with it, but more than anything Hal is the point man/advance guy.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Yeah, this bit always bothered me. Not that Alan Scott wasn't retroactively selected by the Guardians, but that he remains so divorced from the franchise that he founded. He should be the "head" of the Lanternverse, and he is not.
    But Alan wasn't even around any more when the "Green Lantern" franchise was first started back in 1959.

Alan Scott's last solo story appearance prior to Hal's first appearance had been in 1949.

And his last appearance with the JSA had been at the start of 1951.
    Alan wouldn't appear again until 1962 (in a flashback) / 1963 (in a Flash story), and then he was living on a separate Earth (which lasted until 1985/1986).

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Agreed, and I think leadership just weights down Hal. Its not a bad experiment to see how the character deals with it, but more than anything Hal is the point man/advance guy.
    Imo, Hal's a good leader to follow into battle, but he's not the "stand over the Big Map" kinda leader or the "day-to-day" leader.