Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yeah, never let anyone tell you that Storm is not stronger than the Phoenix.

Astonishing Member

Tyke is the opposite, where Scott never really joined a team or former much in the way of substantial relationships outside the X-Men, Tyke joined the Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if he were right he wouldn't be dead... but hey, delusional ideas never die right?
    Wait what lol ? Dying means that you're wrong ?

I'm struggling to see the rationality in your analysis. Please, explain your argument a little better.
    Last edited by Magneto; 08-10-2017 at 07:25 PM.
    Magneto/Cyclops/Batman/Jean Grey/Bishop

Are we really going to do this? I don't get this Scott vs Jean Vs Storm fan fight.

Jean has been kept dead by mandate for years, Scott was written into the ground by writers who clearly disliked the 80's and 90's and who spent years trying to make the X-men into the West Coast Avengers, and Storm has been hot potato-ed all over Marvel. Cause Both BP writers and X-writers want to use her, with X-writers seemingly not knowing how.

Why curse each other rather than petitioning for a long term Claremint-esq writers that can mold the X-books like Geoff Johns did green lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Are we really going to do this? I don't get this Scott vs Jean Vs Storm fan fight.

Jean has been kept dead by mandate for years, Scott was written into the ground by writers who clearly disliked the 80's and 90's and who spent years trying to make the X-men into the West Coast Avengers, and Storm has been hot potato-ed all over Marvel. Cause Both BP writers and X-writers want to use her, with X-writers seemingly not knowing how.

Why curse each other rather than petitioning for a long term Claremint-esq writers that can mold the X-books like Geoff Johns did green lantern.
    Because it's utopic and it would never happen. Especially with the whole Fox thingy going on.
    Magneto/Cyclops/Batman/Jean Grey/Bishop

Fantastic Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

Jean was killed to promote Scott and Emma. Quesada himself said that they receive the highest amounts of fan mail for Jean to be alive again. Writers talk about how they understand people demanding Jean back they think Scott's better with Emma. TV Tropes has labeled one of Emma's trope as an Alpha Bitch and talked about how the X-Office killed Jean just to prop up Scemma. Jean fans have a justification for hating Scott.

I think early on Scott was liked and respected by the super hero community. The X-Men were thought of as a super team composed of mutants and Scott was their level headed leader. I think it wasn't until Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars when he and the X-Men stick up for Magneto that the community start to realize he's a mutant first and a then a hero.
    "No score is too small to settle."
    - Megatron

If I see anymore character fanbase feud hostility in here I'm just going to assume you're volunteering to be banned. Show some maturity and grasp the concept that other people may not like the same things you do. Keep it civil.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Looks like someone is going to college! And that person and I have something in common; college!" ~Kimmy Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I'm told a picture is worth a thousand words.
    Attachment 52848
    That's just his crazy granddaughter.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

Has anyone ever really liked Scott? I feel like Emma only cares because she has no friends.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Has anyone ever really liked Scott? I feel like Emma only cares because she has no friends.
    I do think he was friends with everyone on the O5 and the "All New, All Different" teams. But later the X-Men franchise grew too large for all of the characters to have meaningful interactions. And it doesn't help that Cyclops is a very reserved and socially-awkward character.

As for other superheroes? I agree with the idea that they probably used to view Cyclops with professional respect but very few knew him well enough to either like or dislike him.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if he were right he wouldn't be dead... but hey, delusional ideas never die right?
    lol, he was right, just like he always is. i also don't believe he's really dead either

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    lol, he was right, just like he always is. i also don't believe he's really dead either
    Do you have a theory on how he could be alive?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Do you have a theory on how he could be alive?
    There are actually several easy ways he could be alive. Elixer could have brought him back. emma downloaded his mind and put it into another body, like young tyke. He could be Xorn. he could have never really died from the cloud and emma just projected that he did. eva bell could go back in time and save him. there are honestly a ton of possibilities.

Who in the superhero community outside the X-Men can say they actually knew him? He was a respected field leader but I think for the most part Prof X was looked at as the real leader of the X-Men. I'm sure once Scott took over and was seen with an ex villain their opinion of him wasn't positive.