Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Secret Empire X-Men Blue #9 Preview (Spoilers)

Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Mighty Member

That confirms who she's been in communication with.

Nice preview. Love Jean's comment on Magneto's children. That was perfectly meta.

Love seeing Lorna in action again. Hope this is the first of many chances she gets to re-establish herself in the X-men comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

OMG

So much goodness on these pages! Polaris looks great, and seeing her cut loose against Havok is truly a sight to behold. I'm so excited for this issue, and seeing Jean and Lorna interacting even briefly makes me oh so happy.

the action sequences aren't as good as last issue.

It was nice to see Polaris take it to Havok. The resolution to their story has been a long time coming. And its clearly plain that Lorna isn't just a psychopath who only wants to hurt Alex as some worried about. Its quite clear she at least considers him to be an old flame who she is concerned about and wants to help. And it looks like they wont be getting back together and they can both move on to new stories.

Is it wrong that I wanted one of Lorna's energy to ricochet off and blast Jimmy to oblivion??? And I love Polaris and Havok and all, but I really want more of the Dark X-Men team, Archangel and the Sleepers, and Emma.

Good preview tho.

Beast, Iceman, and Angel just sitting there is kind of....telling about their roles.

Well we already know that the confrontation with Emma does not mean the end of New Tian.

Jean's words about the situation of Magneto's children being complicated does not even come close to describing how confusing this is but it's funny .

One of the few times the cover reflects the content.

Polaris seems to be in her right mind. Looking forward to this one.

Incredible Member

Not looking good.

Waking up to Polaris on the front page of CBR is always a great day! Love what I see so far. Can't wait to see the rest!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    Is it wrong that I wanted one of Lorna's energy to ricochet off and blast Jimmy to oblivion??? And I love Polaris and Havok and all, but I really want more of the Dark X-Men team, Archangel and the Sleepers, and Emma.

Good preview tho.
    Emma has ruined books for over 10 years...she needs to join Cyclops in limbo..they depushed Storm, Lorna, and Rogue for her snark crap. She's not that interesting and she never was.

We need more Princess Lorna, Adult Jean, Rogue, Luna, Uniscione, Scanner. Emma? Good grief...lol

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    It was nice to see Polaris take it to Havok. The resolution to their story has been a long time coming. And its clearly plain that Lorna isn't just a psychopath who only wants to hurt Alex as some worried about. Its quite clear she at least considers him to be an old flame who she is concerned about and wants to help. And it looks like they wont be getting back together and they can both move on to new stories.
    This isn't a angry Lorna if that was what you were wondering. The last she talked about him was ironically to Wanda and Pietro after she found out from Wanda he was using Pietro as a spy to take notes on her.

That was an angry Lorna who beat the piss out of Pietro for it, dumped at her wedding Lorna was an angry Lorna, this is not actually an angry Lorna.

As long as this doesn't start a Lorna arc focused on her wanting to save Alex from his inversion I can take them being around each other for an issue. Lorna is not his savior and won't be his redeemer. The character needs to start on the road to his recovery without a 'redeemer'.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Nice preview. Love Jean's comment on Magneto's children. That was perfectly meta.
    I don't know what more needs to be said on this topic, the family was smashed as part of MCU vs Fox studios crap. It will be undone either when the studios make up more then they have or Fox and Marvel stop using the twins so it could be some time to come.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I really hope this will lead to us seeing more of Polaris in the X-men comicsi know she'll be reappearing in X-men blue #10 which also released later this month, but with that said she's definitely one of the more sadly underused and I would say even underrated X-men characters as of late... maybe the gifted show will also lead to marvel having more faith and confidence in being willing to use Lorna more in the X-men comics.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-10-2017 at 08:44 AM.