Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Rogue has been out of Uncanny and the main books since like 2011..lol. Get real. Lorna was on fire after the House of M and Wolverine and the X men..why was she jettioned into limbo? Sabretooth, Holocaust, and Dark Beast can get more stories than her? Wtf....
    What part of what I said about Rogue confused you? She had an entire volume (X-Men Legacy) dedicated to her after Xavier and before Legion. She's the leader of her own team (Uncanny Avengers), on a continuity-mess of an X-Team (Astonishing X-Men), and guest starring in the Gold series (X-Men Gold). And once again, what did Emma Frost have to do with Lorna being in limbo? *Nemesis (not Holocaust) is dead so I'm sure Lorna will surpass him and Dark Beast in stories (which I'm sure she already has).

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    Yes, effort definitely matters in terms of this fight. And Lorna seems to want to not hurt Havok, while Alex is still full-blown inverted and under Emma's thrall so he'll be trying to stop her at all costs. I still think Lorna's got this.
    She isn't in take him down levels, but so far she also doesn't have her head up her behind like X-Factor 126 when after two issues fighting him he says he is better and she suddenly believes him and disarms and puts down her shields for no other reason then he says it and she gets blasted into a coma.

I am better now, I am fixed, I love you... sike.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2017 at 05:46 PM.

That "rabbit out of a hat" phrase over the close-up of Xorn... I kinda want Magneto somehow to be Xorn again, and give Jeen a stroke this time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя Tycon View Post
    *Potentially Controversial Opinion*
    Polaris would not only floor Havok's ass but completely, cataclysmically obliterate it;.

Polaris did this to Vulcan, an Omega-level mutant.

Could literally incapacitate Havok just with the traces of iron in his blood. (She was so powerful she could control the water because of its traces of metal.

Could control some of the HF machinery and shoot Havok down easily
    Did you really use a scan of Lorna taking on Vulcan with her not even being a mutant at the time? C'mon. She was THE strongest person on the team after Apocalypse's enhancements. I'd like to see what she can do now that shes a mutant again.

Wouldn't mind a seeing more of Polaris but I have a feeling her time in the series will be short lived.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The Green Magnet returns!

My tandem of Mutant MUSES Heroine Addict's Avatar

Hmmm... likin' what I'm seein', but need to see... MORE! The art looks a lil' hurried & nondescript here, compared to last ish, I think. And the excerpt itself, alone, left me feelin' somewhat like... that's it?! Guess I had envisioned somethin' a lil more... dramatic, and less... conventional, maybe, IDK. I still like it, don't get me wrong, but would be lyin' if I said I wasn't feelin' just a lil'... letdown. Havok of the Opera's response to Lorna & the Xorn tease are my favorite bits. Hope Polaris gets to do more than just "hold him there", tho, 'cause that WOULD BE disappointing.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler
    BlinkFrenzyCeCe ReyesDani MOONSTAR Jean Grey/PhoeniX

THE GiFTED 💚 NewMUTANTS 💙 X-Men:D.P
    X-Men:BLUE ♦ PhoeniX RESURRECTION
    😍

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Wouldn't mind a seeing more of Polaris but I have a feeling her time in the series will be short lived.
    Well, she'll be appearing at least through issue #12 it seems, per preview art from #10's Giovanni Valletta:

... and from 11 & 12's Douglas Franchin, as well:

... so for the next couple of months, anyway. BUT, after some of Bunn's recent comments about his plans for her, I did get the impression that he might just be setting her up to move on... to greener pastures.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Stars are governed by electromagnetism. Havok fires plasma, plasma is bent by magnetism. Assuming Polaris has her father's power, she should be a team buster(like all high end elementals).
    Yeah, I've come to believe that the upper echelon of the psi & elemental classes, are on a whole nother level than most... other energy blasters/manipulators/wielders, save a few, and should basically be considered Omegas by default.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    That confirms who she's been in communication with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I don't get it....
    Magneto, 'cause of the things she says to Scarface, and that she knew Jeen & Jimmy's names (... or even of their X-sistance!). The way she's directing them, the fact that she's in the know & up on "current events", so to speak.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Did you really use a scan of Lorna taking on Vulcan with her not even being a mutant at the time? C'mon. She was THE strongest person on the team after Apocalypse's enhancements. I'd like to see what she can do now that shes a mutant again.
    ... What?

She was a mutant at the time. The Celestial tech Apocalypse used on Lorna restored her X-gene. Marvel made it confusing in the aftermath of Apocalypse because they didn't want to outright say that another mutant had her X-gene restored after M-Day, but it got sneakily confirmed during Five Miles South of the Universe. Everything after her time as Pestilence - space, X-Factor, Serval, Magneto solo, now - was Lorna as a mutant again.

Another dead giveaway to this is how Lorna's plague powers as Pestilence seemed to have completely disappeared after the event, but her mutant powers remained.
    My real thoughts on ongoing Marvel activity and comics can be found at my Tumblr. I can also be reached on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yeah, I've come to believe that the upper echelon of the psi & elemental classes, are on a whole nother level than most... other energy blasters/manipulators/wielders, save a few, and should basically be considered Omegas by default.
    I forget what issue it is, but Emma told Scott that Xavier and Jean always thought that telepaths were better than others even though they'd never admit it....might've just been Xavier.

I think it was an interesting (if not a throw away) line that even among mutants there's a hierarchy that isn't talked about. We know about the "ugly" and "pretty" mutants thing,...but for there to be a hierarchy based on your powers that's something that a writer could run with and even reimagine the hellfire club along those lines.

I've always imagined there could be clique-ish like behavior among the X-Men & Mutants, based on power-sets, WhiteQueenEmmaFrost. It seems perfectly natural, that they'd gravitate towards each other, due to the even stronger feelings of kinship it would likely give rise to. As far as subgroups interaction & even hierarchies, like the air of superiority powerful psis & elementals poorly harbor sometimes, I would say... yes, it's there. Unspoken perhaps, but understood, nonetheless.
    My TOP 2 X-Faves+
    PolarisDazzler

😍

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I've always imagined there could be clique-ish like behavior among the X-Men & Mutants, based on power-sets, WhiteQueenEmmaFrost. It seems perfectly natural, that they'd gravitate towards each other, due to the even stronger feelings of kinship it would likely give rise to. As far as subgroups interaction & even hierarchies, like the air of superiority powerful psis & elementals poorly harbor sometimes, I would say... yes, it's there. Unspoken perhaps, but understood, nonetheless.
    that gravitation would be natural. It's one thing to be around people who know what it's like to be a mutant it's completely another be to around someone who knows what it's like to have your powers and all the "gifts and curses" that go along with it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    That "rabbit out of a hat" phrase over the close-up of Xorn... I kinda want Magneto somehow to be Xorn again, and give Jeen a stroke this time.

Lol..for what? Wtf...haha