Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Justice League #27 preview

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Maybe Hunter is Diana's borther that we get to know about during Darkseid War?

Fantastic Member

I am glaringly distracted by Nick Bradshaw drawing Mera as a female Arthur Curry on his variant.

Hmmm so it looks like Hunter's confrontational posture towards Clark might've been an intentional misdirect by Hitch to go along with the (possible) misdirect of the Superman cape. Seems the boy's real beef is with Wonder Woman.

I'm still betting on Hunter being raised by Jon (who would've been in his 30s aka Clark's age around Hunter's time). It looks like Hunter may have taken on the mantel of "Superman" due to him fitting the physically description and being raised by Jon (possibly).

If he feels like Diana didn't accepted as a "Wonder Boy" or "Wonder Man" then "Superman" is the next logical step for a 6 foot something dark haired strong guy in a world where Superman isn't around. That's actually pretty cool.

Be really funny if Clark takes Hunter to meet 10 year old Jon, and this 6 foot something 22 year old guy hugs him and goes "dad." lol

Whatever the case, I'm a sucker for these possible-future-kids-meet-our-hero sort of stories. All so fun. Also that art is straight up fire. Best the book has ever looked.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-10-2017 at 02:18 PM.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    I am glaringly distracted by Nick Bradshaw drawing Mera as a female Arthur Curry on his variant.
    Somebody visited Earth-11 apperantely.

Very sly. Stopping there. I guess they could use the lasso. But that just prove the kids believe what they say.

Given the nature of Diana or at least the Diana I knew ie new 52...I mean Rebirth is different version...but she'd never abandon any child of hers if he is a boy. Zeke, anyone? She fought for a male child to be accepted by her sisters in Azzarello's run. You think she'd abandon Hunter for that? Nope. Hitch is reaching, or just doing ooc stuff to serve his story or there is more to this story. The villain clearly is the one that said this and Hunter believes it. He clearly has been without her in his life so the question is who raised him? Superman? Again the idea Diana abandons a child for Superman to raise rings so false. They have memories of playing in the watchtower. So how did that go? Diana dumps her kid but turns up for work and ignores Superman is raising her son? Maybe he is not her kid at all. Maybe he is a kid raised by Sovereign to take out heroes and who has their stuff as trophies. Maybe he killed them. LOL.

But if Hunter is very angry at her, don't get his reasons for donning her gear and symbol. I mean isn't that contradicting himself? Again if he is not their biological son, his looks and built...question is, who are his parents? Are we to assume he looks like Clark physically? Because he is a dead ringer for Conner.

I assume the League can check their DNA. The mystery continues.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Maybe Hunter is Diana's borther that we get to know about during Darkseid War?
    Highly unlikely, if only because Jason hasn't been introduced yet. I would have a hard time seeing his first appearance ever being a future version of himself.

Hunter is definitely Diana's son (biologically or clay), but he's going to be wrong on why he was given up at birth. More than likely she did it to protect him. I wonder how he'll treat Superman. Dollars to donuts that the very next page is Superman stepping in and defending WW, so it'll be interesting to see if Hunter is more respectful toward Kal or just as hostile. It sounds as if Superman probably disappeared with the rest of the JL, so the chances of him raising Hunter at all is pretty slim in itself. Would be kinda interesting to find out that his older half-brother raised him. But at the same time I feel it might be better to have him more closely ensconced in Wonder Woman's mythos, really play up the mother/son angle, in which case I wouldn't mind see it being revealed that someone like Steve or Etta raised him. If they're not all dead which in of itself is a strong possibility.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-10-2017 at 03:05 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Highly unlikely, if only because Jason hasn't been introduced yet. He's not going to be introduced as a future version of himself in Justice League when his present day character has yet to even debut in Wonder Woman. He'll show up there first.

Hunter is definitely Diana's son (biologically or clay), but he's going to be wrong on why he was given up at birth. More than likely she did it to protect him. I wonder how he'll treat Superman. Dollars to donuts that the very next page is Superman stepping in and defending WW, so it'll be interesting to see if Hunter is more respectful toward Kal or just as hostile.
    If Diana has to give up her child..only be for 2 reasons...she thought he was dead...maybe she was lied to about him on his birth. It's a plot that often used. Mother gives birth and told the child died. He was in grave danger and she made the sacrifice to protect him ala Moses...the Els. . Still don't answer question of his paternity nor who raised him . He's a hulking kid that is for sure.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Barry and Jessica be procreating though. Half the team is their kids, haha.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Diana abonding the kid, can't say I'm surprised. this artwork is so good though! Hopefully this person stays on justice league after hitch leaves

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    If Diana has to give up her child..only be for 2 reasons...she thought he was dead...maybe she was lied to about him on his birth. It's a plot that often used. Mother gives birth and told the child died. He was in grave danger and she made the sacrifice to protect him ala Moses...the Els. . Still don't answer question of his paternity nor who raised him . He's a hulking kid that is for sure.
    Yup. Also agree about him carrying her gear.

Another thing is how does he know that she 'just left him'? Who told him this? He was just a baby, could be none of them knows the whole truth.

I just love the derp faces the adults keep making at their supposed kids.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-10-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    It's called... "Champion of the oppressed."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Man, I'm loving this title.

So Hunter is Wonder Woman's son. I wonder why he still has Superman's cape?

Barry and Jessica are great. I'm hoping the films give us Jessica Cruz (minus the Earth 3 connection).

I will say, it's a little disheartening that Mera and Arthur's daughter wouldn't be a red head! Though, I have always imagined they'd have a few kids but it would be their daughter who would carry on superhero-ing. How could she not with a mother so fierce and wonderful?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-10-2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Hunter was left at birth,so anything he thinks he knows about ANYTHING,means he actually doesn't.

Can Hunter just be called Hunter as a weapon designation by sovereign,and he always thought it was his real name?

Really ppl could this just be a time displaced kon-el,created in the future by lex luthor and given a sham story about his parents to fill his contempt for the heroes lex or sovereign wants Hunter to "hunt".maybe at some point sovereign says some code words that unleashes his hidden power of TTK,and sets him off to "hunt" and "kill" the JL.
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is the human facsimile of superman

-kon-el is the human Superman,made by humans,for humanity

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)