Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So far, I really like the kids. They may be signing their death warrant if time-travel works here like it does in Back to the Future, but they look to be good peoples (Jessica and Barry kids are particularly interesting), but so are Hunter, Cube and Dory, so I can't wait to see them developed more. It's almost a shame that they are a four-issue story characters only.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Since Barry mentioned Iris, does it mean he is in relationship with her during this arc? Plus taking into consideration that in The Flash we were introduced to Barry and Iris' future kids just recently?
    Barry doesn't seem to have his negative speed force powers here (which are currently affecting him and Iris and possibly affecting his future), so this might be set before those events.

It was obvious that a Jessica-Barry relation was on it's way. Hitch has been doing it since his first rebirth JL arc. Maybe, this is the culmination of all his plannings. It looks good. Hunter doesn't seem to have Kryptonian abilities or physiology, the scar on his face should've been healed if he had. Why isn't Batman in any of these pages? He didn't appear in the last issue either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    It was obvious that a Jessica-Barry relation was on it's way. Hitch has been doing it since his first rebirth JL arc. Maybe, this is the culmination of all his plannings. It looks good. Hunter doesn't seem to have Kryptonian abilities or physiology, the scar on his face should've been healed if he had. Why isn't Batman in any of these pages? He didn't appear in the last issue either.
    Bruce may be out of town considering future solicits for his book reveal he goes on a vision quest after Selina gives an answer to his proposal at the close of Jokes and Riddles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Shhhh,don't say that to loud,ppl might think the JL series could actually be interesting and could survive without him in every issue
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is the human facsimile of superman

-kon-el is the human Superman,made by humans,for humanity

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bruce may be out of town considering future solicits for his book reveal he goes on a vision quest after Selina gives an answer to his proposal at the close of Jokes and Riddles.
    Batman's on the cover for one of the future JL issues of this arc though so he probably will show up. Why he doesn't have any future children in this timeline is still a mystery though.

Wwow.. 3 descendants of Jess..

however.. This is never going to happen because the father is Flash(Maybe flash powers are responsible of this), not Baz or another character..

abandon his son... cruel, but maybe the amazons are death in this world... something like krypton, he born and the amazons die for some reason..

IN SUPERMAN?? This topic is for DC COMICS..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-11-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Wwow.. 3 descendants of Jess..

however.. This is never going to happen because the father is Flash(Maybe flash powers are responsible of this), not Baz or another character..

abandon his son... cruel, but maybe the amazons are death in this world... something like krypton, he born and the amazons die for some reason..

IN SUPERMAN?? This topic is for DC COMICS..

Most of us are just talking about Hunter,who we think "might" be supermans kid also,not just Dianas.

Btw in the preview when cruise is trying to calm Hunter down and dory is saying not to,I almost felt like Hunter "could" have hidden powers,like TTK,and he was gonna unleash them.

Ok by now everyone knows I'm always looking for the kon-el angle I'm almost everything,that's my fanboy hangup
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is the human facsimile of superman

-kon-el is the human Superman,made by humans,for humanity

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Most of us are just talking about Hunter,who we think "might" be supermans kid also,not just Dianas.

Btw in the preview when cruise is trying to calm Hunter down and dory is saying not to,I almost felt like Hunter "could" have hidden powers,like TTK,and he was gonna unleash them.

Ok by now everyone knows I'm always looking for the kon-el angle I'm almost everything,that's my fanboy hangup
    yeah i know how it is, the erasing of n52 still hangs over for me too

Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

The force grown clones seems to be the most likely explanation. Implanted memories would make the most sense. Especially if someone wanted them to hate the JL. In other words, he may very well be the "son" of Superman and WW but not through traditional means. This might be how we open the door for something like Conner's return. Maybe this even IS the new Conner in the Rebirth universe. Since there is already a Superboy, make him have a closer connection to WW instead. He certainly looks like Conner.
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The force grown clones seems to be the most likely explanation. Implanted memories would make the most sense. Especially if someone wanted them to hate the JL. In other words, he may very well be the "son" of Superman and WW but not through traditional means. This might be how we open the door for something like Conner's return. Maybe this even IS the new Conner in the Rebirth universe. Since there is already a Superboy, make him have a closer connection to WW instead. He certainly looks like Conner.
    although it does make sense, wouldnt that mean that ww took out a character from the superman mythos? i thing that if this end being true i will suppose that if it was the other way around the ww fandom would raise hell over the issue of "stealing" a character

Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    although it does make sense, wouldnt that mean that ww took out a character from the superman mythos? i thing that if this end being true i will suppose that if it was the other way around the ww fandom would raise hell over the issue of "stealing" a character
    Conner's old supporting cast from before Flashpoint is gone. He mostly hung out in Smallville living with the Kents. Not really an option here. If he does come back, he'll need a new background. Connecting him to the WW mythos isn't the worst idea. DC is in a weird position in regards to Conner. Fans want him back but there is no real role for him.
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Conner's old supporting cast from before Flashpoint is gone. He mostly hung out in Smallville living with the Kents. Not really an option here. If he does come back, he'll need a new background. Connecting him to the WW mythos isn't the worst idea. DC is in a weird position in regards to Conner. Fans want him back but there is no real role for him.
    But he'd be Conner in name alone. I don't see why we have to shoehorn him into the body of this new character, Hunter? Seems clumsy. Why not just let the character of Hunter and this particular alternate future story stand on its own?

If DC wants to use Conner again, then they should do something more earnest than stealth launching him off the popularity off implication of a romantic parring outside of himself. That's awkwardly similar Kon being the clone of Superman and Lois' son, Jon Lane Kent.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So far, I really like the kids. They may be signing their death warrant if time-travel works here like it does in Back to the Future, but they look to be good peoples (Jessica and Barry kids are particularly interesting), but so are Hunter, Cube and Dory, so I can't wait to see them developed more. It's almost a shame that they are a four-issue story characters only.
    Me too. I was kinda caught off guard actually how much I felt for Jenny when she was crying seeing her mother, barely even knowing the character. Thus far good artwork displaying their emotions and actually non-boring writing from Hitch is making me care for them fast.

As far as them being around only four issues, Hypertime could mean they can still exist beyond this story. That's a thing again. Or if they throw in a twist, it could be perhaps the multiverse that keeps them around. I thought when I first heard the concept that it'd be a neat twist to reveal that while they went back in time, they went back in time to the wrong Earth.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-11-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Is it weird how much I've taken to the Superkids so far? 1 issue and I already care more about them then Jon Kent.

Dory kicks major ass, I adore her. Much more of her, please and thank you!
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg