Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 'Batman and the Signal' Introduces a New Hero to Gotham City

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp...ty-art-1027896

It took four years to get to this point, and all they can muster, is a three issue mini... Smh!!

Not really sold on "Signal" but I guess it's better than "Lark"...
    #Shadowman 3/28/18

That version of Duke doesn't look quite as much as a big yellow rubber ducky.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

That version of Duke doesn't look quite as much as a big yellow rubber ducky.
    The black definitely helps. I tried to post the cover, but photo bucket wildin. What web service are you using to post pics?
    #Shadowman 3/28/18

Mighty Member

New costume looks a bit Wolverine.

I'm just so indifferent to his character. He's just such a non factor. I don't think his character is going to work long term and he is just going to be another Batman family member no one really knows what to do with. Gotham seems to be filled with them.

I mean I get it. They desperately want a black hero in Gotham. They obviously want a black Robin, but Damian is too entrenched in that role now to move him and so this is what we get.

Incredible Member

I'll try it. The new suit looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    The black definitely helps. I tried to post the cover, but photo bucket wildin. What web service are you using to post pics?
    I just did a Google image search to find a pic of the cover, then used "[img]" "[/img]" around the web address for the image itself.

I just did a Google image search to find a pic of the cover, then used "[img]" "[/img]" around the web address for the image itself.
    Thanks! Worked like a charm...
    #Shadowman 3/28/18

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm just so indifferent to his character. He's just such a non factor. I don't think his character is going to work long term and he is just going to be another Batman family member no one really knows what to do with. Gotham seems to be filled with them.

I mean I get it. They desperately want a black hero in Gotham. They obviously want a black Robin, but Damian is too entrenched in that role now to move him and so this is what we get.
    If they wanted a black Robin-they would have a black Robin Damian or not.

This is them being desperate for a black hero at Dc period. Because no one is willing to do the work to build one up and stay with it or the one some want to build SOMEONE in charge does not care for or he's owned by another company that is getting sued by the widow of its founders.

And like we have seen in the past-it's Batamn's job to do it. Since his books don't get boycotted to the point they don't get stocked in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If they wanted a black Robin-they would have a black Robin Damian or not.

This is them being desperate for a black hero at Dc period. Because no one is willing to do the work to build one up and stay with it or the one some want to build SOMEONE in charge does not care for or he's owned by another company that is getting sued by the widow of its founders.

And like we have seen in the past-it's Batamn's job to do it. Since his books don't get boycotted to the point they don't get stocked in stores.
    Oh, brudder . . . isn't that a tad extreme (let alone questionable as to having any basis in reality)?

So is this basically going to be a Batman and Robin mini or like Tim's original Robin mini back in the day as far as establishing Duke and cementing his role?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

Thanks for reminding me; i didn't want to come out and say it, but the idea of a black robin intrigued me, and that's my primary interest in the character. On top of that, i have yet to warm up to damian and his abrasiveness.

Oh, brudder . . . isn't that a tad extreme (let alone questionable as to having any basis in reality)?
    Yeah, i don't really understand what the OP is trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Thanks for reminding me; i didn't want to come out and say it, but the idea of a black robin intrigued me, and that's my primary interest in the character. On top of that, i have yet to warm up to damian and his abrasiveness.
    I would have liked to see the conversations behind the scenes about it. There was probably a fair bit of discussion on if they could have made him Robin and maybe move Damian to something else. Might have been neat to see how those conversations went.

I've never liked the Robin's cape being black on one side in newer iterations, yellow isn't that unusable a color. Duke's purpose in life seems to be disabusing me of that notion.