Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

If she could truly surpass Wolverine then Marvel wouldn't need put his name on her title for you all to buy it. Based on that interview the Wolverine fans are justified in the complaints about the preview. Nobody buys her book before the name change now it seems they are trying to coopt more of Wolverine's traits so his fans will want her book.

Also Wolverine wasn't her mentor. They barely had a relationship. Who ever wrote that fake interview should read some Wolverine comics and X-23 comics.
    Last edited by nnelg; Yesterday at 09:03 PM.

All-New Member

Yeah, because the name is the only thing that sells. People are not morons that don't see what's on the cover or inside their comics. Sales of her book are doing good. Only team books and Old Man Logan are beating her in sales from X-Men side.

Quote Originally Posted by mesjarch View Post
    Yeah, because the name is the only thing that sells. People are not morons that don't see what's on the cover or inside their comics. Sales of her book are doing good. Only team books and Old Man Logan are beating her in sales from X-Men side.
    While true Marvel didn't just randomly decide to give her Wolverine's title for no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Mary sue might not be the right term, Laura's inhuman super competency is sort of a baked in character trait and hardly unique in the world of Claremont women (Storm, Kitty, Dani, Psylocke, Sage, etc). I guess it's more that Taylor's sucked out Laura's identity to the point she's a barely recognizable cardboard everygal. She's been Captain Marveled, only without the in canon mindwipe to rationalize it. Me, I just miss X-23.

The constant pot shots at Logan are really just driving the point home. With a sledgehammer. It's not about masculinity either, both Logan and Laura simply deserve better.
    Well said

Taylor honestly doesnít know how to write depth. His website says that heís a playwright. Donít know how this can be since most of his stuff sounds as if it has the depth of a Michael Bay film.
    Itís her problems. Not in a self pitying way. But your typical tragic heroine type A personality heroine who has problems but understands to keep it together. Because freaking out it is not only unseemly it does nothing to improve a situation. And much of her competency seemed to be as much about her training as it was her ego in that she could not deal with the shame or give others the satisfaction of defeating her.

One of the things about Laura/X-23 that made her so real as opposed to laughable fan fiction is that given her background and training it make sense that sheí has those skills. She was isolated, had no childhood. She wasnít treated like a person she was treated like a commodity and a weapon something to be used. Given the expense that went into making her and the investment that they expected to reap as an assassin, she would have probably spent every waking hour of her day being trained and taught. The whole concept seemed to be well thought out...and what makes the character so compelling.
    "I can run fast enough. I can fight long enough. I can do anything. Be anyone. My choice. Mine. Even if my heart breaks me. I would take the pain. I would take it. If I could be free."- Laura Kinney (X-23)

Quote Originally Posted by mesjarch View Post
    I know her book is doing good. That doesn't dispute what I said. When did you start buying her title? Was it the ones that got canceled like me or when her title was named Wolverine? Also you forgot Spiderman. His title does better.

Laura's books have always sold decently even before she was called Wolverine.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I know her book is doing good. That doesn't dispute what I said. When did you start buying her title? Was it the ones that got canceled like me or when her title was named Wolverine? Also you forgot Spiderman. His title does better.
    Guess what, I have all solo X-23 issues since Innocence Lost. I'm buying TPB for All-New Wolverine.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The art isn't the problem. Any comic that shows Hand ninjas getting the best of Logan and needing to be saved by said Hand ninjas is a bad comic IMO. Good thing Laura will be there to save ol' Logan from these things he usually dominates without breaking a sweat. I'm sure this comic will finally convince old school Wolverine fans to support the Legacy Wolverine title now... yep.
    Think again.

this was awesome. it made me miss original logan.