Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    To add insult to injury I just heard via review that Jean just ran through an entire hand onclave with her shaky TK powers without problem.
    Spiders man beat the entirety of the X-Men, batroc the leaper beat logan bloody, two random ninja came close to killing him when he lost his healing, cyclops fought and beat logan, colossus, storm, and nightcralwer at the same time. To quote Team Four Stars "power levels are bull shit". Just assume the Vanishing point is showing kobik's take on Logan or they acculay have competent Ninja who prepard for him and not bum rushing like all the others

QUOTE=WeaponX;3012728]Lovely, nerfed bellow a barely trained 17 year old.[/QUOTE]

You have read a story involving her before right, she's was trained since birth and is one of the X-Men most skilled fighters
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 08-12-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post

You have read a story involving her before right, she's was trained since birth and is one of the X-Men most skilled fighters
    I think he was referring to teenaged Jean Grey there and not Laura.

It did for me and another poster when I mentioned it after the advanced preview but then we both had Wolverine avatars. Go head and hit search though and see just how many results pop up.
    The results that are actually related to Wolverine and Ninjas? Not that many. The third link is this site, this thread and third page. Five results on the first page doesn't even have anything to do with Wolverine. It's some game called Super House of Dead Ninjas.

Image search shows grand total of five(maybe six) images that have Wolverine and Ninjas in them. And I had to scroll down. And this is the sixth and seventh images for some reason:

Does this prove anything? Maybe not. But it was fun experiment.
    To add insult to injury I just heard via review that Jean just ran through an entire hand onclave with her shaky TK powers without problem.
    Or maybe Teen Jean is elevated to a level she shouldn't have? Maybe it's the situation like Spider-Man beating Firelord? Or maybe in the context of the fight it make sense? Did you read the story? Or saw the panels of the fight at least? I know I didn't. So I can't just say that Wolverine's been nerfed lower than Jeen.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 08-12-2017 at 09:19 PM.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Spiders man beat the entirety of the X-Men, batroc the leaper beat logan bloody, two random ninja came close to killing him when he lost his healing, cyclops fought and beat logan, colossus, storm, and nightcralwer at the same time. To quote Team Four Stars "power levels are bull shit". Just assume the Vanishing point is showing kobik's take on Logan or they acculay have competent Ninja who prepard for him and not bum rushing like all the others.
    ...and this.
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Error error

I would just say I don't think the people being dismissive of this would be so dismissive of it if it were there favorite character being nerfed in his first comic appearance in years.

For example SpiderClops does Cyclops miss treatment these last few years feel any less egregious now that they character assassinated Cap too?

And yes I'm referring to Jeen and even if it is a case of her being made too powerful many pointed out how ridiculous this story will make Electra, Daredevil, or Wolverine the next time they fight the hand and they are presented as a legitimate threat to those characters. I also don't think with all the effort Marvel is putting into defacing characters that now have someone else carrying their mantle that these things are as coincidental as Marvel would have fans believe.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The results that are actually related to Wolverine and Ninjas? Not that many. The third link is this site, this thread and third page. Five results on the first page doesn't even have anything to do with Wolverine. It's some game called Super House of Dead Ninjas.

Image search shows grand total of five(maybe six) images that have Wolverine and Ninjas in them. And I had to scroll down. And this is the sixth and seventh images for some reason:

Does this prove anything? Maybe not. But it was fun experiment.

Or maybe Teen Jean is elevated to a level she shouldn't have? Maybe it's the situation like Spider-Man beating Firelord? Or maybe in the context of the fight it make sense? Did you read the story? Or saw the panels of the fight at least? I know I didn't. So I can't just say that Wolverine's been nerfed lower than Jeen.
    Glad you enjoyed it Wolverine dead ninjas provides the results I expected. Though I get a good chuckle out of google equating Storm to a pile of dead ninjas.

I would just say I don't think the people being dismissive of this would be so dismissive of it if it were there favorite character being nerfed in his first comic appearance in years.

For example SpiderClops does Cyclops miss treatment these last few years feel any less egregious now that they character assassinated Cap too?

And yes I'm referring to Jeen and even if it is a case of her being made too powerful many pointed out how ridiculous this story will make Electra, Daredevil, or Wolverine the next time they fight the hand and they are presented as a legitimate threat to those characters. I also don't think with all the effort Marvel is putting into defacing characters that now have someone else carrying their mantle that these things are as coincidental as Marvel would have fans believe.
    Hey man, I understand. Even forgetting adult Cyclops' character assassination and Captain Hydra. Teen Cyclops' powers in X-Men: Blue are nothing but glorified flashlight. And it irritates the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Hey man, I understand. Even forgetting adult Cyclops' character assassination and Captain Hydra. Teen Cyclops' powers in X-Men: Blue are nothing but glorified flashlight. And it irritates the hell out of me.
    And I feel your pain too especially the way Teen Cyclops has been unleadered, nerfed, and presented as Jeen's love sick puppy. Though I guess he got an upgrade recently in becoming Emma Frost's desired boy toy.

And I feel your pain too especially the way Teen Cyclops has been unleadered, nerfed, and presented as Jeen's love sick puppy. Though I guess he got an upgrade recently in becoming Emma Frost's desired boy toy.
    Tyke hasn't been leader since he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Tyke hasn't been leader since he arrived.
    I'm aware.

I'm aware.
    Can't "unleader" someone who hasn't been a leader. And there wasn't any 'character assassination'. Other characters having poor judgment doesn't dictate whether said action was necessary or not. Adult Scott died trying to save mutantkind and his legacy helped destroy the Terrigen so I don't see any 'character assassination' there.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Can't "unleader" someone who hasn't been a leader. And there wasn't any 'character assassination'. Other characters having poor judgment doesn't dictate whether said action was necessary or not. Adult Scott died trying to save mutantkind and his legacy helped destroy the Terrigen so I don't see any 'character assassination' there.
    Try telling that to Cyclops fans. Marvel stated his actions made him worse than Hitler. That's character assassination. And Cyclops came to the future as the X-men's leader and never got to be after, that's unleadering him.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Obviously you were referencing how the Cyclops character has been brought to the future without his "Leadership position" and "full powers" while still having his "weakness" i.e. being simp for telepathing girls.

Teen Cyclops' powers in X-Men: Blue are nothing but glorified flashlight. And it irritates the hell out of me.
    Then lets bury the hatchet. Maybe slow down with downplaying wolverine as he and cyclops are in similar boats. I honestly think peter is one or 2 events away from being with them in lieu of miles but marvel seems scared to pull that trigger (and they better not)

Wolverines my favorite but don't think Cyclops should have been treated that way. I hadn't read the previews when I picked up the death issue and when Black bolt "Shouted him apart" I was ... I had to put the book down, my blood boiled. Not at emotional writing, but at marvel and everyone behind that event.... Die with a no showing. Cyclops deserved better
    Not that...walks into mist. Dies. Is a much more heroic ending. I felt it was a man in a refrigerator moment.
    Cyclops deserved a better ending to his story.
    If you look at this scene from the perspective of most of the wolverine fans on this board (The most active posters in the wolverine appreciation thread) the translation of this thread reads like this:
    Cyclops and Teen Jean....
    "I have done everything I can to be what my people need. I was brought up most of my life to carry this burden to save my people and lead them. I was trained to be a great leader and and believed I was... until she showed up... the way she unites,
    the was she inspires, the way she is loved... Jean"
    Or if he said something similar with teen tyke taking him to task about his failings. Its not okay from a fans perspective.
    Cyclops may be your favorite but really its silly, and a little insulting to seem him presented this way.

Here's the thing. . . It bears repeating the focus of x-23 shouldn't even be "trying to be a better warrior than wolverine" characters focus should be on living up to that legacy and being wolverine at all. If anything the roles in that preview should be switched. Will not be picking up. You shouldn't either.
    Maybe some of her fans will buy 2 issues at 5 dollars each and post pics to counter act. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 08-14-2017 at 05:05 AM.
    "...There are some lies that lodge so deep in the hopes of man that they can never be killed no many how many are
    executed to make the lie true..." -On Communism; Gerard Vanderleun

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Obviously you were referencing how the Cyclops character has been brought to the future without his "Leadership position" and "full powers" while still having his "weakness" i.e. being simp for telepathing girls.

Then lets bury the hatchet. Maybe slow down with downplaying wolverine as he and cyclops are in similar boats. I honestly think peter is one or 2 events away from being with them in lieu of miles but marvel seems scared to pull that trigger (and they better not)

Wolverines my favorite but don't think Cyclops should have been treated that way. I hadn't read the previews when I picked up the death issue and when Black bolt "Shouted him apart" I was ... I had to put the book down, my blood boiled. Not at emotional writing, but at marvel and everyone behind that event.... Die with a no showing. Cyclops deserved better
    Not that...walks into mist. Dies. Is a much more heroic ending. I felt it was a man in a refrigerator moment.
    Cyclops deserved a better ending to his story.
    If you look at this scene from the perspective of most of the wolverine fans on this board (The most active posters in the wolverine appreciation thread) the translation of this thread reads like this:
    Cyclops and Teen Jean....
    "I have done everything I can to be what my people need. I was brought up most of my life to carry this burden to save my people and lead them. I was trained to be a great leader and and believed I was... until she showed up... the way she unites,
    the was she inspires, the way she is loved... Jean"
    Or if he said something similar with teen tyke taking him to task about his failings. Its not okay from a fans perspective.
    Cyclops may be your favorite but really its silly, and a little insulting to seem him presented this way.

Here's the thing. . . It bears repeating the focus of x-23 shouldn't even be "trying to be a better warrior than wolverine" characters focus should be on living up to that legacy and being wolverine at all. If anything the roles in that preview should be switched. Will not be picking up. You shouldn't either.
    Maybe some of her fans will buy 2 issues at 5 dollars each and post pics to counter act. Good luck with that.
    I think for Wolverine fans picking up this comic is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation because Marvel will read the sales either way as an endorsement of Laura. If it sells big they will say see people like Laura picking up the mantel and being the new Wolverine because that's what this issue is all about. If it doesn't sell well they will say see original Wolverine isn't that big a draw to readers anymore because it's the only difference in this from Laura's main title Which is doing well.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 08-14-2017 at 06:44 AM.