Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Biggest Songs of All time according to chartmasters.org website

There is an update at chartmasters.org and Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On is no longer the biggest song in the world.

Updated link: http://chartmasters.org/2017/10/cspc-data-collector/4/
    1. 1982 Michael Jackson – Billie Jean [Thriller] – 41,580,000
    2. 1997 Céline Dion – My Heart Will Go On [Let’s Talk About Love] – 36,560,000
    3. 1992 Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You [The Bodyguard] – 33,620,000
    4. 1977 Bee Gees – Stayin’ Alive [Saturday Night Fever] – 31,660,000
    5. 1975 Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody [A Night at the Opera] – 29,660,000
    6. 1982 Michael Jackson – Beat It [Thriller] – 26,990,000
    7. 1971 Led Zeppelin – Stairway To Heaven [Led Zeppelin IV] – 26,320,000
    8. 1976 ABBA – Dancing Queen [Arrival] – 24,490,000
    9. 1986 Bon Jovi – Livin’ on a Prayer [Slippery When Wet] – 23,460,000
    10. 1987 U2 – With Or Without You [The Joshua Tree] – 23,430,000
    11. 1982 Michael Jackson – Thriller [Thriller] – 23,290,000
    12. 1975 Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here [Wish You Were Here] – 22,260,000
    13. 1981 Queen – Under Pressure [Hot Space] – 20,740,000
    14. 1996 Spice Girls – Wannabe [Spice] – 20,670,000
    15. 1980 Queen – Another One Bites the Dust [The Game] – 20,500,000
    16. 1987 Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) [Whitney] – 19,630,000
    17. 1976 Fleetwood Mac – Go Your Own Way [Rumours] – 19,540,000
    18. 1991 Michael Jackson – Black or White [Dangerous] – 18,760,000
    19. 1989 Madonna – Like A Prayer [Like A Prayer] – 18,550,000
    20. 1999 Backstreet Boys – I Want It That Way [Millennium] – 18,360,000

the previous biggest 10 is below

The biggest songs so far... led by Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On"

Article link: http://chartmasters.org/2017/08/cspc...y-analysis/24/

Showing y'all the biggest 10:

CSPC OVERALL SALES – Tracks Ranking

1 1997 Céline Dion – My Heart Will Go On [Let’s Talk About Love] – 36,370,000

2 1992 Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You [The Bodyguard] – 33,620,000

3 1977 Bee Gees – Stayin’ Alive [Saturday Night Fever] – 31,460,000

4 1975 Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody [A Night At The Opera] – 26,270,000

5 1971 Led Zeppelin – Stairway To Heaven [Led Zeppelin IV] – 26,120,000

6 1976 ABBA – Dancing Queen [Arrival] – 24,300,000

7 1987 U2 – With Or Without You [The Joshua Tree] – 23,140,000

8 1986 Bon Jovi – Livin’ on a Prayer [Slippery When Wet] – 23,110,000

9 1975 Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here [Wish You Were Here] – 22,260,000

10 1996 Spice Girls – Wannabe [Spice] – 20,550,000
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 11-08-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Well, I own five of those albums (A Night At The Opera, Four Symbols, The Joshua Tree, Slippery When Wet and Wish You Were Here). At least a couple of them I'd place amongst the best albums ever made (IV, WYWH).

What's the significance to this though? Not to be a killjoy but what am I meant to glean from this?

No Beatles?

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    No Beatles?
    In the top 10 yes. No Beatles. Their biggest single is "let it be" and is #29 on the list.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Well, I own five of those albums (A Night At The Opera, Four Symbols, The Joshua Tree, Slippery When Wet and Wish You Were Here). At least a couple of them I'd place amongst the best albums ever made (IV, WYWH).

What's the significance to this though? Not to be a killjoy but what am I meant to glean from this?
    We're supposed to be in awe of Celine Dion...

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post

The greatness of Celine Dion. Buwahahaha. Just kidding. Just an information of knowing which are the bestselling singles of all time, though the list is not complete, but at least we have an idea.

My Heart Will Go On was #1 in the US Billboard Hot 100 for 2 weeks only, yet has sold more than Mariah Carey and Boyz 2 Men's collaboration "one sweet day" which was number 1 on the said chart for 16 weeks.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-12-2017 at 08:45 PM.

An update has been made on the biggest songs of all time so check the first post.

I actually find it unbelievable that Billie Jean is the biggest song. I thought Thriller was Michael Jackson's biggest song.

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    An update has been made on the biggest songs of all time so check the first post.

I actually find it unbelievable that Billie Jean is the biggest song. I thought Thriller was Michael Jackson's biggest song.
    Yeah, but Billie Jean makes you want to hit the dance floor....

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, but Billie Jean makes you want to hit the dance floor....
    Was Billie Jean really that big? i really cant imagine it bigger than Thriller. I just couldnt.

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Was Billie Jean really that big? i really cant imagine it bigger than Thriller. I just couldnt.
    Billie Jean was a bigger hit than Thriller in the UK. Thriller became very popular due to it's lengthy and out of the ordinary video.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Billie Jean was a bigger hit than Thriller in the UK. Thriller became very popular due to it's lengthy and out of the ordinary video.
    I see. I guess ill have to check more about the song.

But i think, there's one more song that could be the biggest and put Billie Jean on second place.

GOOD!

Because Michael is actually a better overall entertainer and musical artist than Celine, and this is, honestly, also my personal favourite of his songs - and it's just like Raffi Ol D'Arcy says... it makes you want to hit that dance floor! ^^ (which was of course what Michael himself said to Motown's boss back in the day, which is no doubt what Raffi is referencing)

I'm surprised Beat It is bigger than Thriller though... : O Great song, but THAT good?? Well, it's more popular I guess.

I would also, of course, have put ABBA in front of Whitney, but alas, them's the pieces.

EDIT:

The previous list was kind of crazy! Not a single one of the album Thriller's songs in it?? It's the MOST SOLD ALBUM IN THE WORLD! EVER. OF ALL TIME. It lost the title in Guinness Records for a while there, but after Michael died, it sold like gangbusters again - The King of pop took back his crown!
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 11-16-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Billie Jean and Beat It overhere.
    Thriller, not really that big incomparison.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Astonishing Member

I guess it's the thriller video that makes ppl think it's bigger than it is. I thought it would be number 1 also but I guess Billie Jean has a broader appeal.

One guy's take...

"Billie Jean" is definitely bigger as a straight up single.