Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I could see Gabrielle Kinney being a fun one to bounce off of Deadpool. For some reason I keep on thinking of Crosta.

When I first heard about the role I thought they were going to choose x-23 especially given deadpools obsession with logan.

Jubilee or Boom Boom would've been a fun replacement. I can definitely see Jube's having the character traits that NTW had in that movie if they did a "modern take" on her character.
    Please bring back any Wolverine.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    This is Cannonball. They picked the name because they liked it and slapped it on Cannonball.
    You're absolutely right. Cannonball is a moody, sarcastic teenage girl. I can't believe how I missed that. I always thought he was a genuine, hardworking, kind Kentucky mountain boy. But you're right, this is just Cannonball with a different name. Hell, Negasonic Teenage Warhead was even flying like Cannonball.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    There is only one right answer to this question. The one and only Tabitha Smith aka Boom Boom/Meltdown/Boomer
    I kind of want an X-Force movie to have both of them play off of each other. It would really be a lot of fun.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    You're absolutely right. Cannonball is a moody, sarcastic teenage girl. I can't believe how I missed that. I always thought he was a genuine, hardworking, kind Kentucky mountain boy. But you're right, this is just Cannonball with a different name. Hell, Negasonic Teenage Warhead was even flying like Cannonball.
    They said it themselves. They were going to use Cannonball but then they found the name and "loved it".

They replaced CB with NTW which you can clearly see in the movie because she has his powers.

They said it themselves. They were going to use Cannonball but then they found the name and "loved it".

They replaced CB with NTW which you can clearly see in the movie because she has his powers.
    And even if they had gone with a male version by name of Sam Guthrie, he's almost certainly still be a moody, sarcastic teenager of unknown geographic origins.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure that I read way back when that they changed it because Cannonball was earmarked for the New Mutants movie in development and off limits.
    BRING BACK CONNER KENT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    It's been a while but I'm pretty sure that I read way back when that they changed it because Cannonball was earmarked for the New Mutants movie in development and off limits.
    So the name was but not the powers?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Negasonic Teenage Warhead was sort of like a random character chosen by the Deadpool management. But if they didn't choose her, which character would you want them to have chosen and have the same role?

Jubilee. She's gotten hosed in the main X-Men verse.
    "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you... And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?..."

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

Mighty Member

Yeah, Jubilee or Boom-Boom could have nicely filled the role, both in sass/attitude and powers/pyrotechnics.

But I don't mind the choice they made, because the actress sold it (and the dialogue was great).

Spectacular Member

I wanna say Boom Boom or for fun Dazzler.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Jubilee or Boom Boom would've been a fun replacement. I can definitely see Jube's having the character traits that NTW had in that movie if they did a "modern take" on her character.
    I would have found jubilee too cute and sugary. the film needed more of a hard female character. so NTW or Armor or Paige Guthrie.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    I would have found jubilee too cute and sugary. the film needed more of a hard female character. so NTW or Armor or Paige Guthrie.
    I don't think comics Jubilee would have been, fwiw. That being said, she's best when she's overly 90s.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Boom Boom (for the explosives plus mild name recognition plus X-Force connection), Monet (if you wanted a stoic/snarky and over-powered sidekick), or Armor.
    Hawkeye | Occupy Avengers | The Mighty Thor | Ms. Marvel | Generation X | Luke Cage | Invincible Iron Man | Spectacular Spider-Man
    All-Star Batman | Batwoman | Shade the Changing Girl | Batgirl | DC Comics Bombshells
    Descender | Extremity | Godshaper | Paper Girls | Regression | Wicked + The Divine | Wytches
    Animosity | Victor LaValle's the Destroyer | Harrow County | The Once & Future Queen | Colossi | Failsafe | Heathen

Upcoming: Sacred Creatures, Runaways, Redlands, Sisters of Sorrow

So the name was but not the powers?
    Yes, exactly.
    BRING BACK CONNER KENT!!!