Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default No stars or stars

Silly question yes but what do you guys think? In one of H.G Peter's design Diana didn't have stars. In fact Diana's boots were golden strips instead of white. I think I would like the idea of having multiple costumes. If Superman and Batman can why not Diana . Should her multiple costumes give her different protection? I do like the idea of 6 point stars has they are more towards Greek myths of Aphrodite.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

I like Diana's tiara and skirt to have stars. Without them, the costume looks bland.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Mighty Member

I have very specific ideas about Wonder Woman's costume/armor.

Regarding star iconography: red 5-pointed stars over gold armor plating.

I want the Starfish Parable to be an actual memory from Diana's childhood on Themyscira. It's an ethical distinction that sets our hero apart from her isolationist mother. I'd like the red starfish to be a totem of sorts for Diana's boundless optimism, and she wears the symbol proudly and defiantly amongst her people, who're more likely to choose apex predators and domesticated livestock.

Never thought I'd say this, but, No stars. She looks like a flag. If we have stars, then 8 points like Gal's tiara. But NEVER AGAIN white stars. White makes no sense with her armor.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Standing Member

I'm always in favour of heroes wearing more than one costume--unless it's a joke like with the Spirit always wearing the same suit (but even he changed clothes once in a while). It's ridiculous that they always wear exactly the same thing or, when the costume changes, they wear that costume hard and then wear the next costume hard. Makes more sense you'd have several changes of clothes.

I have to admit that the star-spangled costume was the thing that stopped me from getting into Wonder Woman when I was a little kid. But once I broke through that barrier, I appreciated the costume, stars and all. I don't like it when the heroes themselves seem embrassed by their outfits and change them to curry favour with fans. If the fans think it's embarassing, that's when the heroes should double down just to prove their designs are ace.

White was a strong element in the definitive version of Wonder Woman by H.G. Peter. The belt was white and the boots had white stripes. The white stars always matched up with the single red star on her tiara (was WW trying to appeal to different political regimes, not just the Americans?). I prefer stars to all the Ws worked into her costume--one eagle style W on her chest is enough, she doesn't need more all over her body.

She's had other costumes that used more white--she's even favoured wearing all white. And I like it when her civilian outfits are white (something Gal Gadot has adopted for fan events). If Diana is going to wear the American flag then she shouldn't be coy about it and pretend that's not what she's doing. Let her freak flag fly.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ‬ Blessings of Beebo Be Upon You

Just a few stars a la the Year One costume.... It's a nice detail without being overwhelming....bu get rid of that bicep band!

Interesting thing about H.G peter's drawing, in a early drawing she had the stars also on her belt. I like the idea of two stars maybe 6 pointed star or 5 pointed star that CR said. I don't mind the whole American flag but we could have it be most base it off Amazonian heritage to. I mean stars and the colors are also many gods colors.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

Standing Member

Why does she wear a skirt? It was liberating when Martson and Peter refused to put her in a skirt and had her wear practical shorts. Granted later artists turned those into bikini bottoms. The skirt she wears now isn't really even a skirt--it's just panels. I have no problem with the panels themselves, but she has to wear something under them or else she's giving everyone a show. They should make it clear that she has coverage--real undershorts, not Deodato panties.

I like the original red five point star on her tiara. I dont like them on her costume but I think she needs one on her tiara.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Why does she wear a skirt? It was liberating when Martson and Peter refused to put her in a skirt and had her wear practical shorts. Granted later artists turned those into bikini bottoms. The skirt she wears now isn't really even a skirt--it's just panels. I have no problem with the panels themselves, but she has to wear something under them or else she's giving everyone a show. They should make it clear that she has coverage--real undershorts, not Deodato panties.
    True. They are trying to give their own version of the greek warskirt. However, Cooke does that better. So I would take both H.G Peter's and Cooke's design's if ou want the war skirt. I do love H.G Peter's design for Diana's boots before they changes them. I do like what they came up with has the top would have been too much. Marston's wife Elizabeth states Diana's costume should have beeen something you wear at the gym. Please note Diana is not wearing a skirt but loose shorts

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.JPG

She does look more like the flags but the lack of stars and mixing around the designs could be interesting. Maybe two stars on each side ?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-13-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Mighty Member

No skirts, unless there's leggings.

I think the Bombshell design is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    No skirts, unless there's leggings.

I think the Bombshell design is brilliant.
    What's wrong with the war skirt?

IMG_0245.jpg

I do prefer this one

IMG_0246.jpg
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-13-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Standing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What's wrong with the war skirt?
    It depends. If Diana jumps down from a wall and her skirt flies up (as it should), what do her combatants see? The answer to that decides whether the skirt is any good or not. And if there's something under there, then why does she need the skirt? It looks cool, but it doesn't seem functional.

My personal preference is some kind of culottes. The ancient Amazons described by Herodotus wore pants of some sort, because they rode horses. The Greeks themselves thought pants were funny, but other horse-riding people adopted riding pants for obvious reasons.

Well Diana did original wore culottes. We do see pants in legends of Diana when she is training. I gusss shorts would also work whatever is most comfortable. The amazons depending on what era also wear Greek armor so it's a nice variant of many amazon warriors

IMG_0093.jpg

I like in the Fabok design how the stars are the same color as the battle skirt.