Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Best bendis comic

What is your fave best bendis comic? For me it an obvious ultimate spider man,that is a great spidey run

Astonishing Member

Alias. It played to his strengths like gritty crime stories, ironic or deconstructive takes on superheroes, and writing for distinctive artists, while his weaknesses didn't matter here.

Daredevil......

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Alias. It played to his strengths like gritty crime stories, ironic or deconstructive takes on superheroes, and writing for distinctive artists, while his weaknesses didn't matter here.
    Im pretty new to bendis and just started this today,was it the inspiration to the netflix show? Issue 1 was just familiar lol

I'd say Alias.

Though his Daredevil was pretty darn special too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    Im pretty new to bendis and just started this today,was it the inspiration to the netflix show?
    Yes, it was. Jessica Jones was created for this series. Bendis originally wanted to use Jessica Drew, Spider-Woman, another superhero who was a private detective, but they ended up creating a similar new character.

Fantastic Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Ultimate Spidey, no question.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, it was. Jessica Jones was created for this series. Bendis originally wanted to use Jessica Drew, Spider-Woman, another superhero who was a private detective, but they ended up creating a similar new character.
    Great,loved the tv show and i will probably love this. How is the character nowadays? Still good?

Daredevil, with Ultimate Spider-Man coming in second and Alias a solid third.

Nothing he's done since has compared to those series for me, though Spider-Men (which is still a few years old now) was a lot of fun.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

Ultimate Spider-Man, no question. Good example of how to update and reboot while keeping the spirit of the original alive and probably the most influential Spidey comic of the 21st century (pretty much all the movies are adapted from it or parallel it). (I think the high water mark of USM was the first volume (#1 - #133, plus the Requiem issues); the subsequent relaunch and Miles comics kinda paled in comparison.

Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man

Pretty much everything else Big 2 related that he's done I've despised.

Alias and post-Ultimate Peter Parker Spider-Man

Daredevil, followed by DARK AVENGERS.

I know that's not the popular vote, but it was a tremendous series, who sold really well, with one of the most interesting premises Marvel has ever had.

I'd say Ultimate Spider-man comes in third place - mainly because at many times I felt it was a bit bloated - there was a bit TOO much decompression in that one, even though the overall sense of the series is one of excellency.

Each one is better than the last.

ok except Moonknight not sure what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Each one is better than the last.

ok except Moonknight not sure what happened there.
    I would have to agree there - his MK is the only Bendis-penned series I've actually actively disliked - and I think I know why: he has revealed that originally it wasn't his idea to do MK, but rather, it was Joe Quesada's idea - Joe is apparently a fan of MK, and after managing to reboot MK and giving him several chances, he wanted his biggest gun on MK - hence, he nagged Bendis until he did it - obviously, it never went all that well, since Bendis didn't quite know what to do with the character.

So, the reason why that series didn't work is interesting, since it's also a part of the history of how MK became relevant again at all - and the current trend wherein Marvel tries to give him a new series every few years.

How many has he had in the last 10 years, btw...? 5?? It's obvious that Joe is a fan, and that he still has some influence on Alonso as well.