Mighty Member

Default Guillermo Del Toro's The Shape of Water (2017)

Who thinks this looks interesting and quite fresh with creativity? i mean a mute human woman who is a worker in the 60's during the cold war era, plus she falls in love with a mutant aqua humanoid person and he falls for her as they form a bond as she wants to free him from a government experiment.

It's basically gonna be Beauty and the Beast (more like the TV show version from the 80s if you all recall that show with Ron Perlman) and Splash (only it's an aqua humanoid man than a mermaid) plus some fresh ideas like a mute woman who falls for a humanoid person which is an interesting concept. This will be a story about accepting those who are different than you and not "inferior" and has two different people finding friendship and more.

I'm really, really, really looking forward to this. Love it. And I've loved or at least liked every single one of Guillermo del Toro's previous films, from his smaller productions and Spanish language films to his effects laden blockbusters. To my eyes this looks closest to his Spanish films of all his Hollywood films.

Since in the last several years Guillermo was working on a film adaptation of the Beauty and the Beast fairytale (it fell through, and Disney even got his choice of Beauty for their version, Emma Watson) as well as humoring a possible Abe Sapien spinoff I wonder if The Shape of Water coalesced from ideas crafted in those separate projects?

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I'm really, really, really looking forward to this. Love it. And I've loved or at least liked every single one of Guillermo del Toro's previous films, from his smaller productions and Spanish language films to his effects laden blockbusters. To my eyes this looks closest to his Spanish films of all his Hollywood films.

Since in the last several years Guillermo was working on a film adaptation of the Beauty and the Beast fairytale (it fell through, and Disney even got his choice of Beauty for their version, Emma Watson) as well as humoring a possible Abe Sapien spinoff I wonder if The Shape of Water coalesced from ideas crafted in those separate projects?
    The glimpses we got of him looked very Abe like.. So maybe, but this does look interesting

Seems promising.